𝟓. 𝐐𝐔𝐈𝐃𝐃𝐈𝐓𝐂𝐇

Trigger warnings: Mention of blood

***

Athena didn't even dare to look up from her book, when Draco came inside the classroom. He was surrounded by his friends, as usual.

She knew that what she did last week, that night at the Slytherin Dungeon, was stupid and reckless. Malfoy had every right to be furious with her.

But she couldn't let his bad behavior affect her life. She had to make him leave her alone, as soon as possible.

She had other things to focus on. Soon enough, she would be serving the Dark Lord, and would become a Death Eater. She didn't have time for Malfoy's bullying.

It was a usual morning, in class. Athena and her friends were in the classroom, waiting for their professor.

Hermione was writing something in her notebook, while Ron and Harry were talking about the Quidditch tryouts, that would start this afternoon.

''I definitely need another Seeker in our team, in case something happens and I won't be able to play,'' Harry said.

''Well, do you have anyone in mind?'' Ron asked, while playing with the feather pen in between his fingers.

Harry shrugged. ''Nope. Not really. Do you?''

''Athena played as a Seeker at a team in Cokeworth,'' Hermione said out of nowhere, as she kept writing in her notebook.

They all looked at her, and then Athena. ''Is that true?'' Harry asked.

Athena hesitated. ''Uhm, yes, it is. I used to play as a main Seeker,'' she said.

When Athena was eleven years old, she found out about a secret team at Cokeworth, where Muggle parents took their wizard children to play.

Athena tried out for the team, and she was very good. So, eventually, she became the main Seeker of the team.

''Wow! That's great! Would you consider trying out as a substitute player?''

Harry seemed genuinely excited with the possibility of having Athena on their team, but she was unsure.

''I don't know, Harry...'' she hesitated.

''Come on! It's a great idea! It won't take much of your time, because you won't be a main player. I promise to pretend sick once or twice though, so you can play in my place,'' Harry winked playfully at her, making everyone laugh.

She bit her lip, before nodding. ''Sure. I'd love that.''

''Great! Do you need any tips or something?'' he offered.

''No, I think I'm good. I just want to know who are the other Seekers at Ravenclaw, Slytherin and Hufflepuff.''

Harry's mood changed all of sudden. ''Uhm, sure. Why don't you tell her, Ron?''

Ron's eyes widened. ''What? Why does it have to be me?''

Athena looked at them, confused. ''Guys, what's going on?''

Hermione sighed, and finally put her pen down. ''They are just afraid to tell you who the Slytherin Seeker is,'' she rolled her eyes.

''Well, who is it then?'' Athena was getting really curious.

No one spoke a word. They all just looked at someone across the classroom.

Athena followed their stare, and saw who they were looking at. ''Oh. Malfoy is the Slytherin Seeker. I see.''