𝟐𝟗. 𝐀 𝐏𝐎𝐄𝐌

Trigger warnings: none

***

The last days of November passed, with Athena and Draco being at their worst state ever. They were both deeply hurt, both needing each other, but at the same time, they couldn't get over their selfishness.

It was the first day of December, and Hogwarts was already full of Christmas decorations. The school looked even more magical with the Christmas trees, the lights and the wizard candies in every corner of the castle.

Christmas was Athena's favorite holiday, but now, she couldn't feel a thing. Except from this unstoppable pain in her chest.

As she was getting ready to get to Quidditch practice, she heard a knock on her door. She went to open it, and she saw Blaise and Andrew waiting for her, both in their Quidditch uniforms as well.

''Are you ready?'' Blaise asked her.

Athena nodded, and tried to smile. ''Sure, let me just grab my backpack.''

The Slytherin entourage had suddenly grew again. Andrew, Blaise, Athena, Theodore and Felicity, would spend almost every day together.

But when it comes to Draco, he was all alone now. Every day. His friends were fed up with his behavior towards Athena, and they wanted nothing to do with him at the moment.

Even though Athena was hurt by him, she didn't want him to be with no one around. Because she knew that he was at the worst phase of his life, still trying to mend the Vanishing Cabinet, and trying to find a way to kill Dumbledore.

When it comes to her old friends, the three of them were now acting like Athena never even existed. They wouldn't even look at her anymore. And this was just like someone was pouring salt on her wounds.

Athena and Snape would go to the Malfoy Manor, almost every week. The Hogwarts attack was getting closer and closer, so they had to make sure that everything was set. Even the tiniest detail.

Athena and the boys arrived at the snow covered Quidditch field. It was freezing cold outside, but they had to practice anyway. The next game with Ravenclaw, was very critical. If they won this game, they would finally get closer to the Gryffindors on the score board.

And all that, thanks to Athena. She was born to be a Seeker. They had won almost every game, except from some games with Gryffindor. Harry was untouchable.

They all got on their brooms and practiced harder than ever. Even if Athena didn't have a very clear mind those past weeks, when she was playing Quidditch, she would be more focused than ever.

This was the only thing that managed to get her mind away from him.

***

Draco decided to spend the weekend at his home. Whenever he had the chance to get away from her, he would grab it. He couldn't bare seeing her hurt, and not being able to touch her, and make her feel better.

He hated himself, so much. He wanted nothing to do with anyone, no one to talk to. And his mother was more concerned than ever.

As he was sitting at the sofa in his room, while staring out of the window, he heard a knock on the door.

He didn't bother to reply. He knew it was his mother.

Narcissa opened the door slowly. ''Draco dear? May I come in?'' her soft voice asked him.

Draco sighed. ''Sure,'' he said, indifferently.

He heard her heels clicking, as she went over to him. ''I brought you some tea and biscuits,'' she sweetly smiled at him, but he could still see the worry in her eyes.