𝟔𝟗. 𝐌𝐘 𝐇𝐎𝐌𝐄

Trigger warnings: death, grief

***

Another exhausting day, had finished at Durmstrang. Athena could finally eat some dinner, have a hot shower and get to bed.

She was back in her dorm, getting ready to get under her covers, who seemed more welcoming than ever.

But at the moment she was ready to lay down on her bed, there was a knock on her window.

She groaned and went to open it. The brown owl, seemed a little pissed off as well.

Athena took the letter and gave the owl a treat. Now it seemed happier.

The bird flew away and Athena opened the letter, that her brother had sent to her.

She didn't want to read it, because she was sure that Harry would ask her when she'd be back.

His birthday were in two days from now, and he will surely want her to be there.

But Athena was wrong. Her brother indeed had sent her the letter, but for a completely different reason.

''My dear sister,

I hope my letter finds you well. Unfortunately, I have to be the bearer of the bad news...

Astoria Malfoy sadly passed away yesterday. She had a blood curse, that no one of us was aware of.

I think it's best if you come back to London. Draco is devastated.

I know you left to get away from him, but I didn't want to keep this from you. The decision is yours. I know that you'd want to be next to him through this.

The funeral is tomorrow. Maybe Dragomir can help you find a portkey, so you can get here faster.

Take care.

Sincerly,

Your brother.''

Athena hadn't realized that she was crying.

Astoria was dead.

''Oh my god...'' she muttered to herself. ''I have to get there...''

She quickly got dressed and went to find Dragomir. The only thing on her mind, was Draco and little Scorpius.

Athena never wished for things to turn out this way. She actually wanted Draco to be happy with his wife. He didn't deserve that kind of pain.

When Dragomir heard that sudden knock on his door, he grew anxious and worried. Who would that be?

He opened his door and Athena immediately hugged him, sobbing and mumbling something that Dragomir couldn't understand.

''Hey, please, calm down...'' he whispered, as she looked at him. ''Tell me again. What happened?''

Athena sniffled and took two steps back, lowering her head. ''Astoria died yesterday.''