𝟏. 𝐃𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐇 𝐄𝐀𝐓𝐄𝐑𝐒

Trigger warnings: None

***

"Where is your son, Lucius?"

The question made the middle-aged Death Eater shiver.

Where was Draco Malfoy anyway? He himself, didn't have the answer to that. Deep in his guts, he felt disgusted for his son's cowardice to be present at today's meeting.

No matter where he was, there was no way out of his destiny; to become one of them.

The youngest amongst them all.

The blond man gulped hard before answering. "It was not the right time for him to be out of school today. Believe me, my Lord, he wants this more than anything, but-"

"Silence!" he yelled, slamming his disgusting hand on the black, hardwood table, full of Death Eaters.

Feeling satisfied with the terror being plastered on the senior Malfoy's face, the Dark Lord smiled sardonically. "Make sure he is attends the next meeting. Or the whole Malfoy family will pay the price."

Looking down at his trembling hands, and with the fear still visible on his expression, Lucius Malfoy nodded. "Your wish is my command, my Lord."

"Very well," the Dark Lord said, touching Lucius's shoulder, while making his way around the table. "I absolutely need a Hogwarts student on our team. A boy or a girl that I can trust. At least one of you must offer their son or daughter, and since our dear Lucius here made the offer first, I shall give him one last chance. One last chance to show his devotion to me," he evilly smiled, while pointing at himself with his yellow nail.

The dark words coming out of his thin lips, sounded exactly like the hissing of a snake. They were chilling, cold, repulsive.

Even though he was in deep terror, the senior Malfoy felt incredibly satisfied and thrilled with the idea of his son being one of the youngest Death Eaters ever. Who else could it be anyway? Crabbe's son? Or maybe Goyle's?

Not that he ever thought of his son as something special; the exact opossite. He strongly believed that his son was as incapable as the other two.

But Draco was different, he was a Malfoy; he would never be the same as them. He was already superior, just by being a Malfoy.

To offer his son to the Dark Lord, was the ultimate proof of devotion. Draco must attend the next meeting. They had no other option. He had to be there.

But what twisted mission would the Dark Lord ask of him to accomplish? The boy was just seventeen years of age.

Lucius was trying to avoid the thoughts that flooded his mind, but he couldn't get away from the truth.

His son had to kill a man, in order to become a trusted Death Eater. That was one of the first, and most crucial steps. You must kill, and you must make them beg for their death.

Lucius remembers the soul he took away, sixteen years ago. Hell, he remembers the day, as if it was yesterday. Draco was just one year old, when his father was commissioned with the disreputable task.

His blue eyes landed on the surprisingly silent, Severus Snape; he looked pensive and concerned.

Surely the reason for his concern was the fact that Draco was his student, and a Slytherin as well. The young Malfoy was, in a way, under his protection. He was responsible for him.

Draco himself was not the reason though. Snape was more worried about... Snape. With Lucius's son becoming a Death Eater, he would also have to fill his already full life, with more concerns about the young boy.

Snape would personally have to make sure that the once little Draco Malfoy, had the proper education to fulfill his calling. He had to be one hundred percent ready for his greatest moment.

But with his son not being here today, Lucius was convinced that Snape wasn't doing his job right. Draco had to be here, eager for this moment and not hiding like a sewer rat.

"I've let the incapable Severus Snape prepare my even more incapable son for his mission... what did I expect, really?" he wondered.

Snape's dark eyes snapped on Lucius, like he had read his bitter thoughts. "Patience, Malfoy," he mouthed through gritted teeth and with an expressionless face.

Lucius shook his head and took a look at Narcissa - his wife - who was holding his hand tightly through the whole meeting. Her brown and blonde locks fell perfectly on her shoulders. "Where is our son, Lucius? Why does he put us on the spot like that?" she whispered.

He held her hand tightly as well. "Soon, my darling. Soon enough, he will take responsibility. I will personally make sure of it."

***

Hello again! This is just the introduction of our story, that's why it's so small. You can check the next chapter, right now!

Thank you very much guys xx

Votes, comments and shares are appreciated.

You can start a discussion for this chapter right here:

DISCUSSION;