𝟑𝟏. 𝐄𝐆𝐎𝐈𝐒𝐌

Trigger warnings: none
***

Ten days had passed since Slughorn's Christmas party, and Athena was doing her best not to run into Theodore.

She had regretted their kiss, the next morning after it happened. Athena indeed liked him.
A lot.

But she wasn't in love with him. Making him have false hopes, was something that she simply couldn't allow to happen.

And Felicity was cold towards her, because she ignored her warnings. Theodore's twin sister, had told her multiple times to not ignite any more hopes to Theodore.

Athena was Draco's. And she knew it. Hell, even Malfoy knew it. They were made for each other.

Draco had to stay away, to protect her from him. But at the same time, he was trying to find a way to get her back.

Draco was not alone today. Andrew and Blaise decided to talk to him, because they knew that their best friend needed their support, even if he would never say it out loud.

"So she and Nott didn't move any further?" he asked, trying to keep his tone as indifferent as possible.

Andrew rolled his eyes. "You asked this a million fucking times! We told you already! She has been ghosting him since that very same moment!"

Draco couldn't help but grin victoriously. She was still his. Even after everything he had said to her, he was still on her mind.

''That's too bad. They are perfect for each other. They are both fucking traitors,'' he said with spite.

Blaise looked at him, like he was mental. ''You have no idea what you're talking about.''

''Care to enlighten me then, Zabini?'' he mocked him.

''No one ever betrayed you, Malfoy. You did. You fucked everything up at that party first!" Blaise exclaimed. "Even though you knew that Theodore liked Athena, you made her follow you to your room, when she was high as hell!'' he continued, feeling anger. ''And then, you did that fucking shit with Hannah, in front of her eyes. And you dare call them traitors?''

Blaise honestly liked Athena. She was a nice girl. And a good friend. So he couldn't let Malfoy talk shit about her and Theo anymore.

Draco's jaw clenched, and he honestly wanted to punch his friend in the face. But he knew he was right.

He was the one that had fucked everything between him, Theodore and Athena.

''How about you mind your own fucking business, Zabini?'' he snapped at back at him.

''Oh no, this time I won't, Malfoy. Because you might be my friend, but they are my friends as well. Don't make me regret talking to you again!" he said through gritted teeth.

Draco scoffed, but he didn't reply. Andrew was silent, but he was on board with everything Blaise had said.

Blaise and Andrew were now talking about the next Qudditch game, as Draco's blue gaze was searching for Athena.

When he saw her, he noticed that she was sitting all by herself. Theodore and Felicity were sitting far away from her. They seemed to still be mad at Athena.