𝟑𝟐. 𝐀 𝐌𝐔𝐆𝐆𝐋𝐄 𝐒𝐎𝐍𝐆

Trigger warnings: mature content

***

''No you don't understand,'' Athena said to Felicity, as they were making their way to the library for some studying. ''I asked Neville to go to the Ball with me, and he ran away, like I told him I would step on his toad.''

Felicity held back a laughter.

''Don't laugh!'' Athena groaned. ''He's the tenth boy I asked to be my date to the Ball, and all of them refused! Am I that ugly?''

''What the fuck? Of course not! You are hot as hell. But I guess they are intimidated by you and they don't have the guts to say yes,'' Felicity shrugged.

''But I am the one that asked them to go with me. Not them. If they liked me, they would say yes, wouldn't they?'' she wondered.

They went inside the library, found a free desk, and left their stuff on it.

''I really have no idea. But there's definitely something fishy about this,'' Felicity agreed with Athena's concerns, while searching for the books they needed.

Athena sighed. ''I guess I will have to accept the fact that I will go to the Ball alone.''

''Theodore has found a date,'' Felicity informed her, as she sat down next to her, opening the book they would share.

''Really?'' Athena asked, feeling a little tingle in her heart. ''Who is he going with?''

''Some girl named Vanessa. She's from Hufflepuff.''

''Oh, I see. Good for him, I guess,'' Athena mumbled as she started taking some notes from the book.

''And I heard that Malfoy is also going. Blaise told me yesterday,'' Felicity revealed.

Athena now felt her heart literally shattering. ''I didn't ask you about what Malfoy decided,'' she bitterly said.

Felicity smirked. ''Oh, so you don't care who he's going with?'' she playfully asked her, already knowing the answer.

Athena gulped. ''No, I do care!''

''Shit, I sound so fucking desperate'', she thought.

Her blonde friend shook her head. ''You can't even hide it anymore.''

Athena groaned, annoyed. ''You know I can't. But please, tell me.''

Felicity took a breath through her nose, trying to hide her smile. ''With a girl from Slytherin, but I don't remember her name,'' she lied.

Everything was going according to the plan that her, Blaise and Andrew had decided on.

Athena nodded, while dipping her quill into the vase with the ink. ''Of course he would ask someone from Slytherin. That boy is seriously stuck with pureblood supremacy, it's getting fucking annoying.''

Felicity wanted so badly to tell her that Draco had asked no girl to be his date. Even if he had the most beautiful girls of this school practically begging him to be their date, he would turn them down with no second thoughts.