𝟑𝟗. 𝐌𝐈𝐃𝐍𝐈𝐆𝐇𝐓

Trigger warnings: Mature content

***

Athena was running to get to Snape's class, even though she knew that he had a lesson with the fifth graders, soon. But she needed to talk to him about Draco.

Thankfully, the classroom was still empty, so she rushed over to him.

''Severus,'' she breathlessly said. ''Have you heard about Draco going to the Legions?''

Snape looked at her, and sighed. ''Yes, his father just sent me an owl,'' he coldly replied.

''So it's true?'' Athena whispered.

Snape nodded. ''I'm afraid so,'' he said. ''But it's for the best. It will make him stronger.''

Athena laughed bitterly. ''Why can't you all just let him be? He is already too deep into this. His soul is ruined, Severus. You have to do something!''

''What do you want me to do, Athena?'' he asked through gritted teeth. ''It's the best solution for him. That way, he will surely do it. He will easily kill Dumbledore, and I won't even have to lift a finger.''

''Fuck this shit!'' she yelled. ''I'm tired of this! I will go and find him, right now!''

''Are you out of your mind?'' he whispered - yelled, his dark eyes burning holes into her green ones. ''He is already on his way to the Legions. You won't be able to find him.''

Athena was looking at him with hate. ''I can't believe you did this to me.''

''I am protecting you, you foolish girl!'' he argued. ''I am trying to keep you as invisible as possible! The Dark Lord already has his eyes on you! He doesn't trust you anymore!''

''Okay. Then I guess I will give to him what he wants from me.''

Snape froze. ''What nonsense are you talking about now?''

''I will go and tell him that I am the other Slytherin heir. I will give him the locket. I believe this would be enough to prove it.''

''Are you crazy?'' he exclaimed. ''Athena, you will ruin everything if you give him that locket!''

Athena looked at him, in surprise. ''You have found out something about it, and you didn't even care to tell me?''

''Not me,'' he replied. ''Potter.''

''What?'' she asked, her eyes widening from this unexpected answer.

''He managed to get Slughorn's memory of him and Tom Riddle. Voldemort had made seven Horcruxes, in order to stay alive forever.''

''Oh my god!'' Athena slapped her palm on her lips, in shock. ''And my locket is one of the seven Horcruxes?''

Snape nodded. ''Yes, it is. We must protect the locket. Potter mustn't find out that one of the Horcruxes, belongs to you. This will put you into even more danger. The Ministry might arrest you and lock you up in Azkaban because of it.''

''This is just sick!'' Athena exclaimed, as she felt her stomach twirl. ''And Dumbledore knew this whole time?''

Snape shook his head in denial. ''No. That's why he sent Potter to find out. And he did. Now they will have to go and search for the other horcruxes. Dumbledore has to be killed soon, before they find the rest. Do you understand?'' he sternly asked her. ''We have to protect the Dark Lord.''

Athena nodded. ''Okay, but still — you have to get Draco back, Severus! Please, sent an owl to Lucius, stop them!''

''And who will kill Dumbledore, Athena? I just told you, that Draco won't be able to perform his task, if he doesn't get a little training in the Legions!''

𝑇𝐸𝐸𝑇𝐻 | 𝐷𝑅𝐴𝐶𝑂 𝑀𝐴𝐿𝐹𝑂𝑌 ✓On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara