45 : Sunrise

"Gosh, it's so pretty.." she smiled brightly as soon as we reached the peak of the mountain. The sun was on its way up, making the skies half blue and half orange. I was still catching for breath as Rosé was much faster than me.

"Come here." she grabbed my hand and we went to the higher ground to sit and look at the view. She passed me her bottle and I immediately chugged for the water. Seems like I'm not suitable for intense sports.

"When was the last time you hiked? Are you okay?" she asked.

"I've never hiked. Probably this will be the last time." I glanced at my watch and it showed 6.30AM. Rosé was crazy to wake me up at 3 just for this.

"Really? If I like hiking, would you reconsider that? I wanna go with you again."

"Just go with anyone else. You can bring me anywhere but not here again. It's too tiring. What do you like about it anyway?"

She chuckeld upon my complaints. "Don't you think the sunrise is pretty? It's like a reward you get for struggling to get up here."

"It's not like we don't see the sunrise from our bedroom every morning. You even said it was annoying."

"Noo, it's different."

"What's the difference?" I took out my phone from the bag and took a few pictures of the sunrise.

"I can't explain but you know this couple stuff where they watch the sunset or sunrise with their love..."

I waited for her to finish her sentence but seemed like she took a bit too long to answer that. I moved my focus from the camera and looked at her.

"Why?" I asked her, not having any clue why she stopped her sentence halfway and looked at me like that. Not sure if I missed something.

"Can I kiss you?"

It took me seconds to relate her last statement and her recent question. I felt my face flushed and I immediately looked away from her. "Do you really need to ask that..."

She sighed happily and I saw her unlocking her phone before opening the camera. She set the phone against the rock and on the screen, it was our sillhouettes and the sunrise as the background.

"I saw a couple did this on Tiktok." she said.

"So, that's why you woke me up at 3AM today?"

She excitedly nodded. Her finger touched the record button before she scooted closer to me and intertwined our fingers.

"Fuck. Sorry, I'm a bit nervous this time. Can you close your eyes?" she asked.

I cursed in my heart before I quickly closed my eyes. Only if she knew how I was about to get heart attack from this. So, this is the difference. Fuck. Calm down, this isn't the first time.

I could feel something plump pressing against my lips, which made me to inhale sharply as a reflex of excitement. I slowly kissed her back and I intentionally landed my hand on her chest, wanting to know if her heart was thumping as fast as mine. Turned out it was faster than I expected, but not sure if it was because we just finished hiking or she was nervous.

"Why are you nervous?" I asked between the kiss.

"Because everytime with you feels like the first time."

"That's cheesy."

"I know."

Once again, she pulled me in and licked my lower lip, asking for entrance. Thankfully, this place had no other visitors so I just let her in, taking control of what's gonna happen next but I just had to groan and break the kiss when she started to slide her hand into my pants.