5 : A Little Jealous

"Heyyy!" someone hugged me from the back. The voice was not familiar. I turned around my lips curved upwards, forming a big smile.

"Yeji! Oh my god, I think it's been years since we last met? Why are you so skinny?" I touched her belly and she slapped my hand.

"Sunyoung! Can you not touch me like that? What do you think paparazzi will put us on the title of that article?"

"They will probably put something stupid such as I got you pregnant."

"Exactly."

Yeji was a good friend of mine. We got to know each other during the monthly music award. I really liked her as she was very soft-spoken, kind and caring on the outside. Bad bitch on the inside.

And she was the only friend I ever came out to.
"Why are you here, anyway?" I was asking a stupid question. Obviously, this place was where idols and models would come for photoshoots.

"I'm sorry, don't answer that. Do you want to have lunch together?"

"Yes, sure! I was about to ask  you that. Do you want to eat at the new meatball restaurant? It's on me." she already grabbed my arm.

"Let's go."

-

"Do you have a boyfriend now?"

Yeji's eyes were wide open and she quickly shook her head.

"I am too busy for that kind of thing. Why do you ask?" She continued to eat.

I explained the whole thing going on in my life to Yeji. From the night Rosé and I got drunk to the time when Rosé told me not to be confused.

"That's... suspicious. Listening to your story, I myself couldn't confirm what she actually meant."

"Right, she's confusing. Every time I asked, she would reply with questions again or remain silent. How am I supposed to figure it out?" I sighed.

"As someone who's read a lot of romance novels, I think the best way to solve this is to limit your.... availability for her." Yeji made a serious face.

"How is that? I rarely read that kind of book. You might want to make it short for me."

"Okay, look. I think she's trying to play a push and pull game with you. But in this case, none of us know if she likes you or not. If she does, she might be waiting for you to confess your feelings first. Or if she doesn't, well that's your bad."

"Okay, go on. I still don't get it."

"Of course, you don't. You're dumb. Okay, what I meant by limiting your availability, she probably feels that it's okay that none of you have confessed as you don't have anyone else anyway. But once you start giving less, she will think that you have someone else."

Yeji took in a breath.

"So, the first thing you have to do is find someone that she could be jealous of. And get close to that person until Rosé notices."

I quickly thought of Wi Hajoon. "My ex-crush from highschool? He's quite handsome."

"No, the person needs to be a girl."

"Sorry, who?" I asked for confirmation.

"Me."

"What? Why a girl?"

"If you're with a man, she might just give up without saying anything. Like you. You don't know yet if she's straight or not. Imagine yourself seeing her with a man. Don't you just want to give up instead of competing with the man?"