41 : Love Blinds

"Oh my god, Rosie..." I groaned as soon as I saw photos of her at the airport, showing off my necklace.

"Since you don't let me to show you off, the necklace is fine, right?"  she asked over the phone.

"Whatever you want, just take care of it." it was too early in the morning to argue about it.

At this point, I'm not surprised if there will be a lot of our gay allegations. My fans sure knew it was my favourite necklace.

"It's 7AM there? Did you have any breakfast?"

"Not yet, I just woke up. What are you doing

"I'm at the beach. Hanging out with some friends."

"I thought you were busy with comeback's preparation?"

"That is for later. Need to wait for other members to get here too. Wait, I'll send you a pic. Hold on. Alright, open the message."

It didn't surprise me when the first message to pop up was a picture of her toned belly. Not something I didn't expect but enough to make me scream internally.

"Sunyoung?" she asked when I didn't respond to her.

"Can I see your face?"

"Oh, let me turn this into video call."

I brought the phone facing my face and within a few seconds, Rosé appeared on the screen. She pouted as soon as she saw me.

"I miss you already."

"Come home, then. It's so boring without you." I sighed.

"No, you come here. Another honeymoon."

"You really wanna get caught? We've been too close lately and people might think that something is going on between us."

She frowned. "What's so bad about it? I'd be proud if the world knows that you're my girlfriend."

"Love blinds everything, Rosie. You might say that now because you're so in love now but regret it later."

"Oh, am I the only one 'so in love'?"

Her face turned serious. I slowly regretted what I just said, knowing it would only make her feel so frustrated.

"I'm running out of battery. Let's talk again later."

She ended the call without saying goodbye.

-

"You shouldn't have said that. I bet she's offended by it."

"I know.." I massaged my temple, sighing at the thought of how dumb I was to say something like that.

"What do you know? For sure, you're the one who's blind now. You will never see how much she's willing to lose for you." Yeji said it so sternly that I almost rip my face off.

"It's not that I'm being selfish. I do care about her too. I'm just concerned about her career afterwards."

"That's the problem, Sunyoung. You act as if you know what's best for her when she knows better. She knows what she wants. And you shouldn't deny it. You're only invalidating her feelings."

I no longer have the appetite to swallow the cake in front of me. I feel so bad for making Rosé felt that way. And I'm not sure if she would want me to call her again today.

It was only a short moment we made up before she went to LA and now we're having a beef again. We've been fighting a lot lately that it made me think of a few things.

"Do you think she's bored with me?" I asked Yeji.

"Oh my god, Sunyoung. Don't be so dumb. I just talked about how much she's willing to give up everything for you and now you're asking me this?"

She rolled her eyes and sighed. I could only sit still. Geez, she's only backing up Rosé because she doesn't know about Rosé and Nahee.

"I.. found out that she's seeing someone else behind me."

Yeji froze for a bit before looking at me in disbelief. "Huh? Just with who she might be interested in? You're not making any story, right?"

"No, I saw it myself. I know that person. I haven't figured out what's going on between them, but I'm sure Rosé is hiding something from me."

She thought for a bit. "So, are you going to find it yourself or wait for Rosé to tell you? I don't want to be nosy but you shouldn't be making assumptions. Just ask Rosé directly."

"I tried to ask her but she seemed like she would never tell anything for now."

"You don't think she's cheating on you, right?"

"I don't know. That girl is prettier."

I felt a sudden pain from my ear when Yeji pulled it hard. I groaned and quickly pushed her hand away before rubbing my ear to ease the pain. "I don't know how stupid you can be but just because she's hanging with a pretty girl, doesn't mean she's cheating on you."

"Is it because I'm stupid and that girl is smarter?" I asked again. I couldn't think properly, still bothered by how Rosé looked so offended during the video call.

Yeji covered her face with both of her palms before groaning hard. "It's useless to talk to you about this. Stop overthinking everything and you should ask her yourself."

I am not someone who has a little confidence but when it comes to Rosé, I've always feel that it's hard to be in the same standard as her. I feel that there's a lot of people I need to compete so that I am the best for her.

And I love how Rosé seems to notice how I feel. She oftenly affirms how I have everything that she seeks for in a person. And how she feels like I am the other half that completes her.

She did so well in taking care of all that and I failed to do the same.