28 : Him Again

*I just realized this book has achieved 1K reads. Thank you so much for reaching this far! As Christmas is just a few days away, I'm thinking of writing a special chapter. So, stay tuned :D !!

________________________

"This is kinda awkward. Out of so many people, I never thought it was you." Hajoon laughed awkwardly.

We were having a lunch together in the restaurant as the first move to expose ourselves. He was wearing a blue striped flannel matched with dark blue jeans. He looked so classy and imagining us both in a picture, I can say that we would be a perfect pair. Visual plays a big role.

"Yeah, same. We just met a few weeks ago. I never knew you've debuted as an actor." I said.

"Oh, I was approached by a MSTeam's staff when I was having a jog. He gave me his card and said that he would like to have me to be one of the casts in his upcoming series. I thought my role was just for the extras, so I just accepted it as it offered a good pay."

"That's lucky, you don't have to go for a long training. The staff sure knows how to choose. I'm a bit concerned that you have to do this cover up with me. Are you fine with it? Like, maybe you actually have a girlfriend and she won't like it?"

"About that, I don't have a girlfriend and it's fine. But I'm not sure how to actually do it. I often read about idols faking this thing but how do I answer if the people close to me ask? Am I supposed to lie or just tell them? I'm not sure who I can trust."

Wi Hajoon was always known as the good guy. If I'm not mistaken, he had never been with anyone back in school as he was busy excelling his academic and sports. Because of that, I had him as my fake crush back then. Not problematic and simple. I didn't expect him to be an actor now.

"Among idols, you don't really have to lie. They sure understand and won't expect a lot about your relationship. But when it comes to your friends, you have to be careful as they might spread about the truth and people will say that we crave for fame so much that we don't mind lying to them."

"I see. As I'm only doing this because of my manager's request, how about you? Aren't you already famous, Sunyoung?"

"Well, yeah. There are some rumors going around about me and my company doesn't like how it sounds, they want me to agree with this. It's a win-win situation for us."

"Really? What rumor?" he was curious.

"See? Just thinking that you don't know, I don't think it's big enough. I have no idea why my company is exaggerating."

"Oh, I think it's because I've been busy filming lately. But the recent rumors about you, could it be the rumors related to Rosé too?"

I tried not to look at him in the eyes and acted as if I was busy counting the amount of rice on my plate. "Uhmm, I'm not sure which rumor. My company didn't tell me either."

"Ahh, poor you for being assumed doing this and that when you don't even do anything. And how about you? If you have a boyfriend, is he okay with this? Ugh, sorry for asking much but I'm so worried about everything. I never knew I'd come this far as I've only imagined that I'd be a tutor for the rest of my life."

"No, it's fine. I had a lot of thing I didn't know when I was a rookie. Considering that you're an actor, your manager must haven't tell you much as actors have less restrictions compared to idols. I don't have a boyfriend, anyway." I explained, refraining myself for a bit from telling him that I have a hot girlfriend.

"Well, that's great. I don't wanna pick a fight with anyone."

"That's what's stupid about being an idol. We can't really date whoever we want and our stupid company might arrange a stupid contract, matching us with other idols for stupid purpose."

"Yeah, that's stupid. Talking like that, did your compamy stop you from dating anyone? Sounds like you have an experience."

"Not really, but I just don't like the way the companies of this industry here treat us like this. No freedom at all."

"Phew, I agree. Though I haven't experienced any of that, it sounds so stressful. I really hope I don't have to face much of stress."

"Right? By the way, people soon will find out that we are from the same school. As what my manager had told me, he's going to give a statement that we've been dating for a year. Do you have any idea of what the answer should be if anyone asks about us back in highschool?"

"I think we gotta be honest that we don't have much correlation during that time. Our highschool friends might feel suspicious about it if we lie. What if we just say that we became friends after the school ended?"

"I thought about that too. Then, alright."

I heard some camera noises a few steps from us and I knew our first move succeeded.

-

I was searching through my handbag, trying to find my phone while walking towards the elevator. I should be calling my manager by now that I had arrived at the building.

"Hey, can we talk for a bit?" I felt a hand gripping on my arm and when I turned around, it was Yeji. She looked like she was worried about something and even avoided to do eye contact with me.

"Yea, sure. What's wrong?" my hand was still rummaging in my handbag to find my phone.

"About when I was having a sleepover at your house, I just remembered what happened and I'm so--"

"Ah, it was nothing, really. We were drunk and I knew you didn't mean it." I cut her off before she got to remind me of what happened. It's embarassing and I didn't want to remember it.

"You knew? Look, I'm not trying to get between you and Rosé but actually, I have..." her words were cut off again when my phone rang. I signaled her that I had to pick up the call.

"Hey, what's up?" I asked.

"Mm, nevermind. I found you. Wait.." she answered but that didn't clarify anything. I was about to ask again but she already ended the call.

I felt a hand lingered around my waist and the perfume was too familiar, not needing a second guess of who was it.

"Hello, my love. And Yeji." Rosé greeted us both but it was obvious she was trying to warn Yeji about something by giving a sharp long glare. Yeji was alert about it and quickly bowed before excusing herself from us.

"Why did you do that? She's probably scared of you now." I asked.

"Ugh, I can tell that she was about to make a move on you." she let go of my waist and showed an expression of annoyance. She fixed her coat and hair, looking anywhere but me and could be she was irritated that I sounded like I was trying to side with Yeji.

"I'm just asking, okay? Sorry if it offended you. Why are you here anyway?"

Her frown turned to a wide smile when I linked my fingers with her. She's easy to persuade.

"I want to buy your company."

"What?" my jaw dropped. I couldn't tell if she was joking or not.

"Close your mouth, you look like you are moaning but you are muted."

"What the fuck? Sorry, but why are you here?"

"Let's meet your manager." she pressed on the elevator's button and we went in to the 7th floor.