Chapter 67

"N-n-ooo. Lisa I'm fine. This is my life. I know what I can do and cannot. And I know what makes me happy," Jennie argued. "Jen, look what's happening to us," Lisa answered. "You want us to break up?" Jennie asked. "No, no, no. But I don't want to see you suffering. You deserve better Jen," Lisa sadly said.

"I deserve you! I'll be more happy in a difficulty life with you than having an easy and comfortable relationship with someone else," Jennie stated. "We can do this. We can go through this, you and me. Okay?" Jennie said as she held both Lisa's hand.

"Are you sure?" Lisa asked shaking her head. Jennie nodded in response and cupped Lisa's face. "I'm sorry," Lisa uttered as she held Jennie's hand.

Lisa was at the restaurant preparing a dish in the kitchen when Irene went to her. "I already emailed you the papers for the franchise deal. So, let me know if you're okay with it so I can setup a meeting with Mr. Williams right away," Irene gladly said but Lisa was spacing out.

"Lis!" Irene called out loud to get Lisa's attention. "Yeah! I'll check on it later," Lisa replied. "One more thing, part of the franchise is to provide interior design for his place. And since Rosé designed this place, maybe we can get her. Not unless you're not okay with it or Jennie is not fine with it, I can find someone else to avoid issues," Irene stated. "Yeah, I'll talk to her about it," Lisa responded. "Great!" Irene said and left.

Rosé was working in her office. "You know I can handle this account, right? I'll just meet Lisa. You should go home. Jennie might come here again if she will find out that you're with Lisa," Jisoo stated. "We're okay," Rosé replied. "Maybe for now. But sooner or later, she'll get insecure again. Then all hell will break loose again," Jisoo concluded.

"Let's put it this way Jisoo and try to put yourself in her shoe. I stole your husband from you. Do you think you will still trust me after what I did?" Rosé asked. "You're over compensating," Jisoo said. "What?" Rosé was confused. "You're just Kai's other woman and I think you already paid for that. You don't owe Jennie anything," Jisoo reasoned out.

"That's enough, I'm busy," Rosé said smiling. "You seem to be happy," Jisoo commented. "Of course I'm happy because I'll be working with Lisa again. I never thought this will happen again," Rosé gladly said.

Jennie was baking pastries when her mom went to her. "Your face seems to be observing a Holy Week. I guess Lisa is breaking up with you," Jennie's mom said. "How did you know?" Jennie curiously asked. "So my guess is right. Lisa is breaking up with you. At least she knows how to listen," her mom chuckled.

"So it's you who told Lisa to break up with me?" Jennie asked in disbelief. "Nope, our neighbor," her mom sarcastically said. "Mom! How could you?" Jennie stated.

"Jennie, I'm just concern of you," her mom said. "Mom, if you really wanted me to be happy then let me do what I wanted to do," Jennie argued. "Why would I do that when all you've done are foolishness," her mom replied. "You're judging me like you're a role model. Fix yourself first before meddling in my life!" Jennie said crying and left her mom in the kitchen. "Savage," her mom uttered while tasting the pastry.

"I like the contract. Yeah, let's setup the meeting with Mr. Williams," Lisa gladly said while looking at the laptop with Irene.

"Excuse me chef, here's your take out," an employee told Lisa as he gave her a paper bag. "Thank you," Lisa said.

"What's that? For Rosé?" Irene asked. "Yeah, it's one of the foods she can eat without the feeling of nausea," Lisa answered. "You know, if Jennie weren't in the picture, I can really see you and Rosé working things out especially with the baby," Irene stated. Lisa just smiled at her. "Maybe I should go, bye," Lisa said and stood up.