Chapter 19

Jennie went outside the room as soon as she saw Lisa. "What are you doing here? Why are you here?!" Jennie irritatedly confronted Lisa.

"You should know why. I wanted to know the truth," Lisa frankly said. "I don't know what you're talking about," Jennie replied.

"You went to the resto because you wanted to tell me something, right? So, what now? Are you gonna tell me or I'll be the one to ask your husband," Lisa threatened her.

"Don't!" Jennie said nervously. "Tell me, does Rosé and your husband have an affair?" Lisa courageously asked. 

Kai suddenly had trouble in breathing and was in pain. The hospital's heart monitor machine started to beep faster until it showed a flatline and Kai slowly closed his eyes.

Jennie ran quickly when she saw that the doctor and nurses attended to her husband. "Kai! Kai! Please wake up! Kai..." Jennie cried so hard while hugging Kai. Lisa looked down sadly when she saw the scene.

Jennie went home and prepared Kai's best suit. She then remembered when Kai used it during their wedding. "I'm so excited to remove your bridal gown," Kai teasingly said after their wedding. "But I'm really sorry that we need to delay our honeymoon," he apologetically said. "Wherever we are as long as you're with me, I'm happy," Jennie assured him. "I love you," Kai lovingly said and kissed Jennie's forehead. "What's this?" Jennie asked when she saw a paper in Kai's pocket. "It's my notes for my vows. Were you impressed of it?" He asked. "Not so," Jennie replied. "Won't you believe that you're the only woman I will love forever?" Kai asked again. "Is that really true?" Jennie asked in disbelief. "Yes, why?" Kai responded. "Okay, repeat your vows without the notes," Jennie challenged him. "Okay, what was the first? Is it about making mistake?" He uttered as he prepared. "Yes, that's right" Jennie nodded. "I will make mistakes and sometimes I'm grumpy. There will also be times that I'll look at other women, but that would only be a few times, if they are beautiful as you. Ouch!" Kai said when Jennie hit him and they laughed. "Okay, I will continue," he said and read the notes he got from Jennie. "I will not always be a good husband. But I will try to promise you that I will always, always try, to stay away from mistakes. I will always try, to keep my temper in check. I will always try, really hard, not to look at other women, really  really really hard," Kai said while holding Jennie's hand. "Just make it sure," Jennie responded. "I will always try to be better for you and for our future kids that we're making now," Kai teasingly said. Jennie tightly hugged Kai's suit while crying so hard.

Jennie was sobbing while holding Kai's picture frame and touching the urn where his ashes was put. "Just rest for awhile. I'll take care of everything here," Chahee told Jennie during Kai's memorial service. "I'm okay," Jennie replied while staring at Kai's picture. "Are you sure?" Chahee worriedly asked. Jennie nodded and Chahee tapped her back.

"Jennie, what are you doing there? You should entertain your guests," her mom stated when she saw Jennie at the corner hugging Kai's picture frame. 

"You know, Kai was the only one who earns a living for Jennie and her mom," Kai's friend whispered to his friend. "That's what happens if you depend on someone, you'll be useless," his friend replied. Jennie just looked at them talking.

"I saw him die mom. During that time, I was thinking that could be actually Rosé. She could die just like that," Lisa bitterly said. "Don't think like that," her mom stated.

"You know what mom, I went there to find out if she really had an affair with that Kai. But after seeing what happened, it's rather pointless. I know Rosé loves me. And I should be grateful that she's alive. That's what matters," Lisa concluded.

"But Lisa, what if her affair with Kai is true?" Tzuyu asked who was beside their mom. "Until Rosé tells me the truth, I will trust her," Lisa responded.

"Good for you. If there's someone you should trust, it's your wife," her mom supported her. "Yeah," Lisa nodded while Tzuyu looked at her sadly. 

Jennie went to her room after she heard the conversation of Kai's friends. She laid on the bed and wailed. "Jennie, are you okay?" Chahee asked worriedly when she followed her.

"What will happen to me now that Kai is gone?" Jennie wept. "You can do it," Chahee encouraged her.

"Jennie, now that Kai is dead you're still crying so hard," her mom sympathized. "Mom, I don't know what to do," Jennie replied weeping.

"My daughter, in this world your role is not just the wife of Kai, right? You're my daughter and you're friends with Chahee. In this day and age, we can do anything we want. It's not the end of the world," her mom cheered her up and hugged her.

"Here's your husband's bank statement," the lawyer stated and handed Jennie the paper. "Only 500,000 attorney?" Jennie's mom said when she checked the paper. "I'm sorry but that's the only amount in his personal account. All the rest is in his corporate account that will be used by the company to pay his existing loan," the lawyer explained. "He even have loans," Jennie's mom commented. 

"And these are the papers for the monthly amortization of your house," the lawyer added. "Amortization? Meaning this house isn't fully paid yet? The money he left can't even cover up the monthly amortization," Jennie's mom stated in panic. Jennie was left speechless.

Lisa was sitting next to Rosé. She stared at her and held her hand tightly. She suddenly remembered..."He is married but a known womanizer," Taehyung said. "It seems there's something between your wife and Mr. Kim," the police officer stated. "Lisa, what if Rosé's affair with Kai is true?" Tzuyu asked.

Lisa shook her head. "I'm sorry hon. I'm sorry. I want you to know that I love you, I trust you, I believe in you," Lisa said crying.