Chapter 29

"I don't know exactly why they fought. They said mom suddenly slapped that man named Michael and beat up his car causing its wind shield and window to be broken," Jennie sadly confessed. "Well, I'm sure she had her reasons why she did that," Lisa replied. "Mom was tipsy and is bad-tempered," Jennie reasoned out.

"Lis," Hae-in greeted when he arrived at the police station. "Hey, thanks for coming," Lisa responded. 

"Jennie, this is Hae-in," Lisa uttered. "Attorney," Jennie responded as they shook hands. "Just call me Hae-in. Let me handle this. Just stay here with Lisa," Hae-in said and left.

"Don't worry, Hae-in is a good lawyer. I already told you right? We'll be helping each other," Lisa said smiling at Jennie then her phone rang. "Sorry I have to take this," Lisa excused herself.

"Hello Tzuyu?" Lisa said when she answered the call. "Lisa where are you?" Tzuyu softly said. "I'm outside, attending some matters. Why? Do you need anything?" Lisa curiously asked. "How's Rosé?" Tzuyu asked. "Rosé is...not doing well. You should go and see her," Lisa suggested. "How can you still care for her after what she did to you?" Tzuyu interesting asked. "Tzuyu, despite everything she's still a family. I'll just call you later. I have to go," Lisa said and ended the call.

Jennie's mom was crying while walking down the stairs with Hae-in by her side. "Mom," Jennie called out as she hugged her mom. "Hae-in, thank you so much," Jennie told Hae-in. "You're welcome. I also talked to Mr. Michael, he won't push through with the case as long as you pay for the damages of his car," Hae-in told Jennie. 

"Mom, it's Lisa who called Hae-in," Jennie said pointing at Lisa in a distance. "Thank you," Jennie's mom shortly replied. "You're welcome. We're just glad to help," Lisa cheerfully said. 

"I'll just go ahead," Hae-in bid goodbye. "Thanks man, you're a lifesaver," Lisa said as she waved goodbye to Hae-in.

"You guys need a ride home? I can drive you," Lisa offered Jennie and her mom. "Never mind Lisa, you've helped us a lot already. Anyway, it's easy to book a ride," Jennie explained. "Okay, take care both of you," Lisa said and left.

"I never talked awhile ago because I don't want the situation to be awkward. But Lisa, what the hell is going on between you and Jennie?" Hae-in curiously asked. "Nothing," Lisa replied. "Doing this for her? It's not just nothing," Hae-in said in disbelief. 

"I'm just making it up to her, okay?" Lisa stated. "Lisa, it's not your fault if Rosé and her husband had an affair. You don't owe her anything. Unless......" Hae-in stopped.

"Hey, it's not what you think," Lisa defensively said. "You better not be. Imagine how complicated it would be if you'll fall in love to the wife of the man who had an affair with your wife," Hae-in worriedly said. "You don't have to worry anything. I'm just helping her, that's it," Lisa said smiling at him and got inside her car.

"Take care," Hae-in said. "Thank you. I owe you," Lisa replied. 

"You know Jennie, if I'm just not afraid to be the muse in the city jail, that Lisa would earn another word from me. She's always involving herself in your life," Jennie's mom said while sobbing. "Mom, she has been kind to you and you're still talking like that? It's your fault mom. Why did you fight with that Michael?" Jennie asked in disbelief. "Nothing," her mom answered still crying. 

"Hey," Lisa's dad cheerfully called Tzuyu who was focused on her phone. "Are you texting your crush?" He added when Tzuyu didn't paid attention. "Yes dad," Tzuyu answered without looking at him. "You know, that man is a bad influence to you," her dad stated. "At least he doesn't cheat," Tzuyu frankly said. "What did you say?" Her dad asked. "I said, you might be late in your golf game," Tzuyu answered which made her dad to move and picked up his golf bag.