Chapter 42

"Intimacy is one of the most difficult things to rebuild in the aftermath of an affair. You need trust to be truly intimate. But because trust is broken, you can't expect that everything will be back to the way it used before," the marriage counselor told Rosé. "How about you Lisa? What's running in your mind?" The counselor asked.

Lisa was not listening to her. Instead, she's recalling past events. "If you have plans on taking revenge of your wife, don't use my daughter!" Jennie's mom yelled. "I went to her last night and she's not doing well. She has a meltdown," Irene said. "Could it possibly be because of what happened?" Lisa asked. "She didn't say but what else could it be?" Irene responded.

"Lisa, have you heard what we were talking about?" The counselor asked again. Lisa then came to her senses. "I'm sorry," she uttered. "Okay, let's take a break. I'll just call someone," the counselor said and left.

"I'm sorry Lisa. I shouldn't have forced you coming here. I know you're thinking a lot of things right now. Just tell me when you're free so I can set our next appointment," Rosé softly said.

Jennie went out of her room and saw her mom arrived. "Where have you been mom?" She curiously asked. "That jerk's restaurant," her mom admitted. "What?! What did you do there?" Jennie asked anxiously. "I dropped a bomb for the two of them so that they'll stay away from you!" She answered. "Mom, you shouldn't do it," Jennie said disappointed. "And why?! They're just bringing you troubles in life! Even their shadows are not allowed to get near you! Is that clear?" Her mom asserted which made Jennie upset. "Jennie, you already escaped Kai. You should also cut ties with those people connected with him. I'm doing this for you!" Her mom said angrily.

"Lisa, I understand that you felt pity for Jennie. I know that you wanted to help her. But I think your friendship with her won't help us," Rosé softly said. "And what gives you the right to say that? You ruined her life. And now that I'm helping her you want me to stop? Is that how selfish you are?" Lisa confronted her. "I'm just worried," Rosé replied. "You're worried about yourself. What's new? You're always like that," Lisa asserted. "That's not true," Rosé argued. "I know what you're doing. You wanted to fix things thinking how easy it is. You know what I felt right now? I felt like we're stuck, like we're trapped in a room, and gases leaking and we can't breath, we're suffocating because anytime, anytime Rosé, everything's gonna blow up!! That's how I feel!!!" Lisa angrily said which made Rosé cry. "I'm done," Lisa told the counselor and left.

"Are you okay?" The counselor worriedly asked Rosé. "I know I don't have the right to cry. I know that this is all my fault," Rosé replied while sobbing. "Because people think that only those who are involved in the affair caused a marriage to break down. But that's not the case. There's a psychotherapist who said: Affairs are an act of betrayal and they are also an expression of longing and lost. I'm not saying that what you did is right. But it's clear that you don't want to hurt your partner. You just did it to overcome your own hurt. Rosé, you're not a bad person. Someday, Lisa will know that. Just give her time," the marriage counselor told Rosé who was still crying.

"Make sure the preparation in the kitchen is okay. I'm gonna check on it later, alright? Okay back to work," Irene told an employee when Jennie arrived. 

"Irene, is Lisa here already?" Jennie asked. "She's coming," Irene replied. "I'm really sorry for what my mom did," Jennie apologized. "You know, I think your mom is right. I think it's right that you'll stop supplying here in the restaurant. It's not just you that I'm worried about. I mean, now that Rosé regain consciousness, things will be different. Lisa and Rosé are still together. And you know, with you in the picture, they can't fix their marriage," Irene explained. 

"But I don't have any plans of messing up their marriage. Lisa knows that. I really wanted them to fix their marriage," Jennie argued. "I know, but still, it's just your presence. Your presence will get in the way whether you like it or not. Right? Look Jennie, you and Lisa are both my friends. And believe me, I just want what's best for both of you. And I think what's best is for both of you is to part ways. I'm sure it's also hard for you to see Rosé knowing that she's the reason why your husband died," Irene further explained. "I'm sorry, I have to go. I'm busy," Irene added and left  Jennie who looked sad.

Jennie was about to go when Lisa arrived. "Hey," Lisa greeted. "I'm sorry for what my mom did," Jennie apologized. "It's okay. I understand your mom. She saw that you're hurt. So if I were in her shoes, I'm sure that I'll do the same," Lisa replied. "I think it's better that I'll stop supplying pastries here so that everyone will be at peace. I think, it's also better to end our friendship," Jennie uttered. 

"Is it because of Rosé?" Lisa curiously asked. "She's not the only issue. Mom is always mad everytime she sees us together. Another thing is, I really wanted to move on. I want to forget everything and start a new life. But everytime I see you and your wife, all the pain is coming back. So I think it's better to say goodbye. You won't be mad, right?" Jennie seriously said. 

"Of course not. You already know that I wanted what's best for you," Lisa replied. "I know. That's why I just want to say thank you for all your help and support. Believe it or not, I really wanted you and Rosé to be okay. At least one of us is winner in love life right? So don't waste the opportunity, okay? Hopefully you'll find again your happiness," Jennie sincerely said. "And I wish the same for you," Lisa sadly said. "I'm going," Jennie bid goodbye. "Take care," Lisa replied.

Lisa was looking at Jennie who started to walk out of the restaurant.

Jennie was silently crying as she walked away.