Chapter 7

"Mom, Dad, what are you doing here?" Lisa curiously asked when her parents arrived at the restaurant.

"What foolishness are you doing?!" Her dad angrily asked. "What are you talking about?" Lisa asked back. "What are you talking about. Are you in denial that you borrowed money from your mom? What are you doing?!" Her dad confronted her.

"I didn't say anything to him," her mom said. "Jackson told me, the bank manager. I told him to notify me when your mom will withdraw a big amount. And what do you think? We will believe in you that it's for renovation? What are you doing?!" Her dad angrily asked again.

"Dad, believe me, this renovation is in good timing. Look, we got a bigger space so we can accommodate more customers. We only needed the money for marketing and to cover our losses for 2 months. That's just it," Lisa defensively said.

"See? Coz you lack strategy. You don't know how to think. That's why you're having problems like that!" Her dad said.

"Dad, I know what I'm doing okay?" Lisa replied. "You know? See, you even borrowed money from your mom. You should know your finances. You should examine everything. You've been in this business for years, for so long, but until now you're still not successful!" Lisa's dad mockingly said.

"Marco, you're being unfair," Lisa's mom said. "Dad you're too much! Of all the people, you should be encouraging me. But look at what you're doing dad. You're pulling me down!" Lisa disappointedly said.

"Lisa, I'm just looking at facts. What's wrong with you is that you lack strategy!" He declared.

"Wow! So, now you are right?" Lisa argued.

"Of course! If you just listened to me before, you're on top management today. Not that you're making yourself busy in which you lack time for your wife!" Her dad asserted.

"Don't you go there dad. You don't know what me and Rosé are going through!" Lisa reasoned out. "Why? Do you have any problem?" Her dad asked.

"You are my problem! Dad, all you know is how to brag how good you are! See, I'm struggling! I want to show you how I can be successful in this business just to show you! I want to prove everything to you!" Lisa said annoyed.

"You know, until you still borrow money from your mom, believe me, you're still a loser!" Her dad claimed as Lisa can't stop glaring her dad.

"That's enough okay? Marco why are you mad? That is my own money. I can use it the way I want to. If I want to lend all of it to her, it's none of your business!" Lisa's mom firmly said.

"Thank you," Lisa told her mom and kissed her cheeks. "I'm already late for our dinner," Lisa added and left.

While Rosé was waiting at the Japanese restaurant, Lisa texted that she'll be late. Rosé can't help but feel envious of the couple she saw there. Hours passed and Lisa hasn't arrived yet. Rosé can't take anymore the heaviness she felt so she left the place. She then coincidentally met Kai.

"Rosé!" Kai greeted. "What happened?" He asked when he saw Rosé wiping her tears.

Lisa arrived at the Japanese restaurant and all she saw was the wine glass. She then went back to her restaurant drinking some beer.

"Hey, need some company?" Irene asked. "I called at home. Rosé isn't home yet. I don't even know where she is. I know she hates me so much right now," Lisa sadly said while sipping her beer.

Rosé and Kai went to a hotel. Kai gave her wine as she narrated what happened. "The fact that she's late again, it just means one thing. She's neglecting me again. Coz if she's really looking forward for our date, she would leave early, right? She will prepare for our dinner. If she really cares for me," Rosé said while crying.

"Just give Rosé some space," Irene said. "This will not be happening if it weren't for dad. Do he really need to go to the resto and confront me? Irene, I try so hard. I'm doing everything just to make this business work," Lisa sadly said. "And I think we are doing well," Irene replied. Lisa just scoffed.

"She said she'll be on time. She said she will not make me wait. What a liar! And me, believing in her lies again. You know what really hurts? She knows that I will get hurt, that we'll be fighting again. But she doesn't care!" Rosé bitterly said as she's a little bit tipsy from the wine she's drinking with Kai.

"Come here," Irene said. Lisa sat beside her and Irene patted Lisa's back. "Don't be too hard in yourself. You're trying your best I see it," Irene comforted her. "Yeah. But no matter what I do, still not enough for dad. And then there's Rosé. How will I explain what happened? She won't understand me," Lisa said. "Don't worry I'm here. I understand you," Irene replied.

"It's like I'm just nothing to her. That's what she always makes me feel. That she doesn't love me. That she doesn't care for me," Rosé resentfully said.

"Come here!" Lisa said and put her right arm around Irene's shoulder while Irene side hug her. "Thank you Irene. You're always been so supportive. Thanks for listening. Aren't you tired of me?" Lisa added. Suddenly, Irene kissed her lips in which Lisa kissed backed.

As Rosé was still crying, Kai slowly walked to her at the back. "There's still a lot of people that care for you. You have your friends. I'm also here," Kai said as he slowly turned Rosés shoulders so now they're facing each other. "I care for you," he said and slowly kissed Rosé in the lips.

Kai slowly undressed Rosé and touched her body like memorizing it. He then laid her in the bed without stopping their kiss. Then they had sex.

Lisa immediately stopped kissing Irene. "Irene no," she said. "I'm sorry," Irene replied. "Irene look, you're a beautiful woman. Anybody will be tempted. You're my friend and you know how Rosé is so important to me. I love my wife," Lisa said.

"Lisa darling, it's just a kiss. Let's forget that it even happened," Irene said. "Anyway, I'll go ahead. Let's just talk tomorrow about our problems," Lisa said. "Sure!" Irene replied.