Chapter 49

"Are you sure you're ready to work?" Jisoo asked Rosé when they arrived in their workplace. "Of course. It's good to be back at work. It's part of the healing process," Rosé answered.

"Good morning ma'am," the employees greeted Rosé. "Good morning," Rosé cheerfully responded. When she was about to get inside her office, she heard her employees talking to each other about her.

"Ma'am Rosé is so beautiful that's why many fell in love with her," an employee told another employee. Rosé went back to them.

"I know that I made a mistake. But I'm back! I'll do my very best to fix my life again. I won't ask any support from you. Instead, I'll ask that you take care of yourselves and strive hard not to do the same mistake I've done so that your life won't be ruined and no one will talk behind your back like what happened to me! Now, can we all get back to work?" Rosé said irritated as she left them. 

Rosé wiped her tears when she got inside her office and sighed deeply. She then calmed herself like nothing happened. 

"Jisoo, I'm just curious of the surroundings of this design," Rosé said while showing Jisoo in her iPad the proposed design of a house. "It's very lush. The yard is big with so many trees and plants," Jisoo explained.

"What kind of plants? Because the owner told me she wants to bring the feel of outdoors inside" Rosé stated. "Maybe we should visit the site so that you can see it personally," Jisoo suggested. "That's a good idea," Rosé replied and went back to her table. 

Jisoo smiled while looking at Rosé working and the latter noticed it. "What?" Rosé curiously asked.

"I'm just happy to see you coping," Jisoo reasoned out. "I already told you, work is my therapy," Rosé replied smiling at Jisoo. 

Lisa was arranging her clothes when someone knocked on the door.

"Surprise!" Irene excitedly said when Lisa opened the door. "What are you doing here?" Lisa asked in confusion.

"What the hell is this place?" Irene asked when she saw that the place was a mess. "I know. I'm sorry. Okay wait, I was supposed to clean up," Lisa said and started to clean the place. "I thought you are coping well but what are those?" Irene asked pointing to the empty bottles of beer in the bed. 

"What about dinner?" Irene asked as she looked at the box of pizza. "Pizza, I guess," Lisa replied.

Irene grabbed Lisa's clothes in the bag and handed it to her. "Wear this," Irene demanded. "What for?" Lisa asked curiously. "We are going to have a dinner somewhere," Irene replied. 

"Irene, I'm okay. We're just gonna have pizza," Lisa protested. "Dinner or me?" Irene seductively asked. Lisa smiled and sighed. "Dinner," Lisa answered. "Okay, get dress and make it fast," Irene stated.

"I'm gonna change here in front of you?" Lisa asked jokingly. "It's up to you," Irene responded. "Okay, no looking," Lisa stated laughing at Irene as she went to the bathroom.

"We'll have 2 orders and match it with ice cream," Lisa told the waitress. "Okay ma'am," the waitress uttered.

Lisa was about to pick up the sushi when she remembered what Rosé told her. "I remembered how good you are in making the sushi for my birthday. Your hands were too fast in making it. Plus, it's delicious," Rosé proudly said. 

"What is it?" Irene curiously asked when she noticed Lisa stopped eating and just looked at the sushi. "Nothing. It's just that...me and Rosé, we had our anniversary," Lisa stated. "Why you didn't tell me immediately? We can cancel our dessert. We can go," Irene said disappointed.