Chapter 30

Lisa was outside the room contemplating on what to do now that Rosé is awake. Her mom was talking to Rosé when Jisoo arrived. "Talk to her. Maybe she can remember," Lisa's mom said as she left the room when Jisoo got inside.

"Thank God you're finally awake. The doctor says it's a miracle that you survive this. By the way, Lisa's mom said you can't remember anything. What does it mean?" Jisoo curiously asked. "I..don't..remember...Where...is...Lisa?" Rosé weakly said as she tried to talk. She had a hard time talking because one side of her mouth droop due to the nerve damage in her face.

Lisa still didn't looked at Rosé and just stood outside the room. "How is she mom?" Lisa asked when her mom went out. "She's fine. She's off the ventilator. Why not go inside?" Her mom encouraged her. "I can't go in there mom. I can't face her. I can't confront her of what happened," Lisa said shaking her head. "But she doesn't remember anything," Lisa's mom responded. "What?!" Lisa was shocked. "Didn't the doctor said that she may suffer from memory loss?" Her mom stated. "She didn't remember about the affair?" Lisa tried to confirm.

"Lisa, she's looking for you," Jisoo suddenly said when she went out the room. "Jisoo, is it true? She doesn't remember her affair with that man?" Lisa asked in disbelief. Jisoo nodded in response. "Impossible. That's impossible. She must be faking it. She has to remember!" Lisa asserted. "She doesn't remember. All she wants is to see you," Jisoo calmly said.

Lisa didn't understand what's happening. "I can't. I can't do this. I can't," Lisa shook her head and left. "Lisa," her mom said and followed her.

"Lisa wait," her mom called her. "Lisa, stopped!" Her mom called again which made Lisa stop from walking. "Mom, what am I supposed to do? I was ready to let her go mom. And now this? How sick is this. Rosé wakes up and now forgets the very thing that brought us all here!" Lisa said disappointed. "Maybe this is just temporary," her mom reasoned out. "What if it's not mom. All this time, all I wanted to hear from her is the truth why she did this to me. But now it looks I can't, I can't find out anymore. Because why she has conveniently forgotten everything," Lisa frustratedly said.

"You have to give her some time," Lisa's mom said. "Why me mom? Why me? It's Rosé who made a mistake here. Why do I feel like I'm the one being punished. I can't stay here, I can't stay. I..I need to think," Lisa bitterly said and walked out of the hospital. Lisa's mom just sighed.

"How is Lisa?" Jennie asked while waiting for Irene making a coffee. "Her mom said that she left the hospital. If I were her, I would leave too. How about you? What's your plan? Any plans of confronting Rosé?" Irene curiously asked. "I don't know. I haven't think about it," Jennie replied. "Well you know, what's the point of confronting when she doesn't remember anything. Or.. Oh my gosh, do you think she's faking it? I mean, not all who have brain injury experience memory loss right? Besides, it's the easier way out. And for a cheater like Rosé, that's exactly what she gonna do," Irene concluded.

"You still don't remember anything? It's still not coming back?" Jisoo asked Rosé. "What really did happened? Tell me, why I'm here?" Rosé asked while having a hard time talking and was catching her breath. "You remember Kai? You were with him in Busan," Jisoo softly said. "Kai... Busan...those are the only things I remember," Rosé weakly said and a tear fell from her eyes. "Yes, you and him were shoot there," Jisoo explained. "Kai...was shoot. Where is he?" Rosé talked in barely audible voice. "He's gone. He's already dead," Jisoo answered while shedding a tear. Rosé cried when she heard what Jisoo said.

Jennie was walking out of the resto when she remembered her convo with Irene. "How is Lisa?" Jennie asked. "Her mom said that she left the hospital. If I were her, I would leave too. How about you? What's your plan? Any plans of confronting Rosé?"Irene curiously asked. Jennie grabbed her phone and dialed Lisa's number. "I'm sorry the subscriber cannot be reached. Please try again later" was what Jennie heard and she sadly put her phone back in her bag.