Chapter 28

Jennie walked out of the restaurant and Lisa followed her behind. "Jennie, Jennie!" Lisa called out and Jennie stopped walking. "Can I give you a ride home?" Lisa asked. "I'm fine. Just go back inside," Jennie said dismissively.

"Look, I feel bad for what I said to you," Lisa sadly said. "It's just normal for you to think that way. I shouldn't be mad at you when you said it," Jennie replied. "You had every right to get mad at me. If there's someone who should understand you, that should be me. I'm really sorry and I really want to make it up to you, please?" Lisa sincerely said.

"Lisa, I think it's better that you look for another supplier," Jennie responded. "Are you sure you want to quit?" Lisa asked in disbelief. "No, but our situation is so complicated. We can't separate between personal and business matters," Jennie bitterly said.

"You know what, I think we can make it work. Look, the past 3 weeks have been the absolute worst of my life. But you're there. You help me get through it. So please, let me at least help your business," Lisa said convincingly.

"You don't need to do that," Jennie replied. "But I want to. It should be the two of us who must help each other. What had happened to us, was crazy and so stupid. But you know what, I've realized that we could actually get through this, if we help each other," Lisa stated.

"What happened to our lives have been so crazy," Jennie said while shaking her head. "Yes, it's so crazy. I'm sorry again," Lisa replied.

"Hello? What do you need? Didn't we already agreed that you're not going to call my husband when he's home?" Lisa's mom said when she answered her husband's phone and quickly ended the call. "Who called me?" Lisa's dad interestingly asked. "Please tell your other woman not to call when you're home," Lisa's mom demanded.

Tzuyu heard her mom and curiously listened to her parents' conversation.

"Probably the kids need something," Lisa's dad defensively said. "I don't care! I already accepted that you have another family. But when you're here, you should only be focusing on us!" Lisa's mom angrily said. Tzuyu can't believe what she heard about their dad.

"Seriously? Are we having dinner here?" Jennie asked Lisa when they're walking in the park. "Why?" Lisa curiously asked. "It's just not so you. The way you look, it seems you don't eat in cheap places," Jennie reasoned out.

Lisa chuckled. "You know what they say, it's not good to judge other people. Oh here were are, they serve here the best noodles," Lisa excitedly said. "Okay, let's go," Jennie replied.

"Do you always eat here?" Jennie asked. "Since college. This place is near to my culinary school and during that time, my allowance is not that enough so I'm always here. My dad is really against me becoming a chef, so I had put myself in school. I remember, during weekdays I work part-time in a hotel as a cook. And I'll work in catering during weekends," Lisa cheerfully stated.

"Why do you want to be a chef?" Jennie asked. "It's Tzuyu, she's my younger sister. When she was 5, she had dengue. Mom and dad were stuck abroad. It was winter and there was snow storm or something so they can't come home. So anyway, I took care of Tzuyu in the hospital. But she wasn't eating anything at all. And her condition is getting worse. So one day, I sat her down and asked her what she wants to eat because she really needs to eat. She looked at me and gave me the weirdest request in my life. She said she wants a pizza with strawberries and cheese. Of course you can't buy food like that. So I had to make everything from scratch. And it turned out, she loved it. I find it delicious too. So from then on, it became our favorite. She will call me up and ask me to make me this, make me that, and it really made her happy. There I realized that I wanted to cook. And the next semester, I quit business school. My dad hated me for it but Tzuyu cheered me off. That's all I needed to hear for me to pursue to become a chef," Lisa happily told Jennie her story.