Chapter 14

"Jennie, you should entertain yourself instead of thinking about your husband and his woman," her Mom advised. "I bet that woman doesn't even know your name," she added. Suddenly, their telephone rang.

"Hello?" Jennie answered the call. "Mrs. Kim? This is police officer Wang from Busan. I'm calling to inform you about your husband," said the other line. "Why? What happened to Kai? Where is my husband?" Jennie asked worriedly. "They were robbed. He and his companion Rosé Manoban were shot," he said. "Is Kai still alive?" Jennie anxiously asked.

"Hey Lisa," her mom greeted her. "Oh mom, what are you doing here in the restaurant?" Lisa asked her mom. "I want to have a dinner with you. I was thinking, you might forget to eat because Rosé isn't here," her mom gladly said as she got inside the kitchen. "Mom, it will take longer. We're short-staffed," Lisa honestly said. "If you have an extra apron I can give you a hand," her mom encouraged her. "Are you sure mom?" Lisa asked. "Chef Lisa, a phone call for you," an employee said. "Who's that?" Lisa asked curiously. "It's Miss Jisoo. She said something happened to Miss Rosé," the employee replied. "Hello? Jisoo what happened to Rosé?" Lisa worriedly asked.

"Jisoo? Where's Rosé?" Lisa nervously asked when she arrived at the hospital. "She's still in surgery," Jisoo restlessly answered.

"What happened?" Lisa asked. "It's not clear yet. It seems robbery," Jisoo replied.

"Oh no, she's all alone," Lisa sadly said. "She's not alone," Jisoo finally said after hesitating.

"Wait, she's with whom??" Lisa asked wondering. "She's with our client, Mr. Kim," Jisoo revealed.

"God is good," Lisa's mom comforted her patting her back. "I'll just make a call," Lisa excused herself.

"Are you the family of Mr. Kim?" The doctor asked. "How is my husband?" Jennie inquired.

"He was shot twice. We managed to treat it but he lost a lot of blood," the doctor explained. "But my husband is alive, right?" Jennie asked worriedly.

"Yes, your husband is alive but in critical condition. Right now, he is in the recovery room but we're transferring him to the intensive care unit. For now, it's better you wait downstairs. If ever the transfer is done, the nurses will call you," the doctor assured her. "Thank you so much doctor," Jennie said. 

Jennie and her mom went downstairs while Lisa, her mom, and Jisoo went upstairs of the hospital. They met midway but haven't noticed each other.

"Who have done this Jisoo?" Lisa angrily asked. "They still don't know. The neighbors just heard gunshots. By the time they got there, the robbers already left," Jisoo answered.

"That Mr. Kim, do you really know him? Maybe he is really the target," Lisa thought. "I don't know Lis. I'm also trying to make sense of everything," Jisoo said.

"If they're just there to rob or something, why do they need to hurt them?" Lisa's mom asked curiously. Then Lisa's phone rang.

"Hello dad?" Lisa answered the call. "I already talked to your Uncle Carlos. He had talked to Doctor Bae, the best neurosurgeon in town, he will coordinate with the hospital. And he wants to make sure that Rosé can get the best available care, okay?" Her dad said. "Thanks dad," Lisa softly said. "Rosé is also my daughter, right? I will do everything I can for her. Lisa, don't worry everything will be alright. All you have to do is to stay strong. Do you understand me?" Her dad uplifted her. "Yeah. Thanks dad," was all that Lisa said and ended the call.

"I was so busy with work that's why this happened. So many things happened in the kitchen and I need to step in that's why I haven't called her again," Lisa sadly told her mom. "Lisa it's not your fault, don't blame yourself," her mom comforted her. "I should have known mom. If only I wasn't busy with work, I could have stopped this. But as always, I'm not there when she needed me. I can't lose her mom," Lisa said whimpering.

"Kai, I'm already here. Please, wake up. Promise I will forget everything you did, just wake up" Jennie told Kai while crying so hard.