Chapter 18

"You're neglecting the chicken. It could be burned. Do it properly!" Lisa shouted to one of their cooks and roam around the kitchen.

"Wait, wait, wait. This isn't cooked yet. Do it again!" She scolded another cook.

"Again, no eating in the kitchen! By the way, a pasta is already available here, serve it!" She ordered.

"Hey! Don't do it that way. Swirl it around, around!" She said as she approached another cook.

"We have two pastas here. Where are the waiters?! Serve the damn dishes!!" Lisa angrily said and paused for a while.

"Ms. Manoban, do you know the relationship between Mr. Kim and your wife? It seems there's something going on between them. Mr. Kim was only wrapped with towel when we arrived there," the police officer stated. Those statements kept repeating on Lisa's head as she shook her head.

"We've been bestfriends for 10 years but I still don't understand what you're doing," Jennie said to Chahee while baking a cake. "This is a code for a new app," Chahee replied while sitting on the couch. "Ah okay, I understand. Do your best, " Jennie replied and went to Chahee. 

"You know, we've been friends for 10 years, but until now I don't understand why you can't leave Kai," Chahee uttered. "We've already talked about that," Jennie responded.

"Still, I don't understand it. He cheated on you a lot of times, but look at you, still baking his favorite cake," Chahee stated. "Because I believe that someday he'll change," Jennie asserted.

"And what makes you think of that?"Chahee asked. "If I won't believe, then, there's no hope for our marriage. I promised during our wedding that..." Jennie was cut off. 

"To hell with your marriage vows. That should be revised. Til death do us part isn't true. Marriage ends, when love dies. In your case, Kai doesn't love you anymore. Sorry to say that. From the very start, he already cheated on you," Chahee explained.

"You won't understand it because you're single," Jennie defensively said. "Oh, and thank God for that," Chahee mockingly said.

"Even if Kai cheated on me, it doesn't mean that he doesn't love me anymore," Jennie argued. "He doesn't even respects you. Isn't respect part of love?" Chahee asked.

"Our apologies. I will inform the kitchen," Irene told a customer and left. 

"Lis, the customer is complaining. The food is still bland," Irene told her. "What?! Irene, I already made it saltier. It's gonna taste like the ocean if I'm going to add more," Lisa argued.

"The customer said it's bland. Do something. Maybe add pepper?" Irene insisted. "You know what? Fine!" Lisa said irritated as she grab the bottle of salt and walked towards the customer. "Lis," Irene called out.

"Hi! I'm Lisa. I'm the chef of the restaurant. Ma'am I've heard that you find your salmon tasteless. So I'd like to help you out. May I?" Lisa told the customer kindly. The customer nodded in response. 

Lisa poured a lot of salt in the salmon. "Is this okay? Just tell me to stop. You know what, just take all of this. You want more?" Lisa said as she poured all of it. "Lis, that's enough!" Irene said as she pulled Lisa away from the customer. "I'm sorry ma'am," Irene apologized. 

"What are you doing?!!" Irene angrily asked. "Irene, I was just doing my job!" Lisa yelled. "No! You're self-destructing! I know you're only forced to come here! And I know that you'd rather be with your wife. But let me remind you that this restaurant is your baby. And we are your family here. And right now, you're hurting your family!" Irene said fuming.