Chapter 11: Professor

Hermione cleared her throat. "Um, so we do actually have stuff that's sort of important..."

"Right! C'mon, Perce. We got work to do," Annabeth said. 

Percy groaned, "This is the worst vacation ever."

"Who said this was a vacation?" Harry laughed. 

~~~

 In no way, shape, or form, was Percy on a vacation.

He'd rather be on dish duty back at Camp Half Blood. 

Hell he'd rather fight Ares again if it got him out of this.

Did a part of him hate that Harry was right? Absolutely not. No. Never. 

Did that same part of him still remained peeved at Harry from months prior? That question was probably better off not answered. 

Percy shook himself out of his thoughts and looked into the mirror, staring down at his stupid, ridiculous robes.

One year, Percy thought. Just one year, without all the stupid saving the world stuff. Just... one... year. 

But he was Percy Jackson, and his wife was Annabeth Chase. They never got one year. The closest they got to a nice relaxing year without stupid ass prophecies and Gods breathing down their necks, was when Percy was on his eight month sabbatical due to his mind being wiped...

Percy scratched that. Annabeth said that was one of the worst years of her life.

He went back to his previous statement: They never got one year. 

Nevertheless, here he was, in a shared room with Annabeth, getting ready to teach his first class. 

Because Percy was now a teacher (of something other than sword fighting and how to piss of the Ares cabin), and he hated it. 

~~~

Percy rushed through the halls, and (very lately) arrived at his classroom. Composing himself, he opened the doors and walked in, towards the front of the class.

He cleared his throat, looking towards the sea of first years. The eleven year olds stared at him expectantly, waiting for instruction. 

"Um, hey my name's Percy," He coughed, "Sorry, uh Mr. Jackson- Chase, and I will be your teacher... professor, for this year." Percy gave an inward sigh, before continuing. "I know uh, today is your first day, and this is your first ever class at Hogwarts, so I hope I can make you guys feel a little less stressed about everything."

Percy paused, taking in the students reactions. Which was easy, because there was none. It was silent. He took another deep breath and continued talking. 

"This class is on fighting techniques. Um, you can't always rely on magic when you're in trouble, so you'll need to learn how to take care of yourselves with-"

Percy stopped, as a young boy raised his hand from the center of the class.

"Uh, yeah, what's up?"

The student seemed slightly taken aback with Percy's informal attitude, before speaking. "We aren't allowed to learn defenses until the third year." Before Percy could talk again, the student continued, "Also, this isn't our first day at Hogwarts. We started about two months ago, and the only reason any of us are here was because we had to be. Apparently the professors don't enjoy us having free time."

The rest of the students mumbled amongst each other in agreement. 

Shaking off what happened, Percy kept his cool. "Well, how about I rephrase? It's my first class teaching at Hogwarts, so I'm new here, and I suppose I'm going to have to ask everyone to make this less difficult?" He then added, "And to answer your question, or statement or whatever, this isn't defense magic you'll be learning. You'll be learning how to physically fight- like, with punches and stuff.