Chapter 2: Dagger (feat. Angry Annabeth)

"Percy, have you seen my dagger?" Annabeth yelled from the bedroom. By the time she yelled for her husband, she already flipped every cushion in the room twice over. Pillows were everywhere, sheets were displaced, drawers were half open.

"No," Percy called back.

Annabeth clenched her teeth. "Where is it?" She whispered. Turning around, she lied down on the floor to look under the bed. Nothing. "Are you sure?" Annabeth yelled back.

Percy walked into the room holding a blue cookie, with one already stuffed in his mouth. "Pwetty shore," He said.

Annabeth turned around to see Percy's face covered in blue dye and crumbs. "Ugh, Percy have you seen your face?"

At that, Percy turned around and looked in the mirror above their dresser. He hastily wiped his mouth with the back of his hand.

"Are you sure you've looked everywhere?" He asked, taking a seat on the bed.

"Yes. I can't find it. It's- it's like it disappeared."

"Okay, well, let's uh, let's take a seat and a deep breath. It's got to be around here somewhere." Percy stood up and gently coaxed Annabeth to sit on the corner of the bed. He sat back down next to her, so close, their shoulders touched. 

The second Percy went to take a bite of his second cookie, Annabeth bounced back up and began overturning the same displaced drawers. 

"I need to find it!" 

Percy tentatively stood back up and quietly sighed. "Do you remember the last time you had it?"

"This morning."

He almost questioned Annabeth, but she said it with such certainty that he didn't want to do.

Death by an angry Annabeth is not the way Percy wanted to go. 

"...This morning in the room?"

"Yeah," Annabeth replied, going through the sock drawer, throwing pairs behind her. 

"Do you... normally put your knife in the sock drawer?" Percy said.

He got his response when Annabeth hurled a pair of socks at him, before going over to the bathroom.

Percy followed a bit behind her. Annabeth was manic. Threw tossed bottles aside, left drawers half open; basically messed up the entire bathroom.

"Do you normally leave your knife... with the toothpaste?" Percy asked.

"Not helping!"

Percy put his hands up in surrender, not wanting her to throw the shampoo bottle at him. "Okay, okay, sorry."

Annabeth gave a shout of frustration.

Swiftly, he moved over and put his hands on her shoulders. "Okay, maybe we should take a break."

Annabeth shook her head. "I need to find it."

"Why? Plan on taking a quest today?" Percy joked, to which he received a glare.

"That... that is not even funny."

"Why do you need it?"

"I just do."

Percy tilted his head. "We have spares you can use until..." He trailed noticing that Annabeth wasn't even paying attention. He snapped his fingers in her face. She swatted his hand away, and walked out of the bathroom back into their bedroom.

"This is ridiculous," She mumbled. Annabeth stared at her bedside table, muttering angrily to herself. "It was literally right here."

~~~

It wasn't even his knife, and Percy spent his entire day turning their house upside down trying to find it. 

He was so frustrated that he considered just going to Camp and asking Leo to forge Annabeth a new one. In fact, Percy thought, I'll forge it myself

It was this thought that caused their kitchen to look like a tornado passed through. 

Needless to say, Percy was grateful when he heard knocks on the front door. He practically ran to open it.

"Nico?" Percy practically sighed in relief. 

Nico leaned a little to the side and stared past Percy into their house. "What... happened?"

Percy shut the door a bit so Nico couldn't see in. "Annabeth lost her knife."

"I didn't lose it!" Annabeth's voice yelled faintly from across the house. 

"Sorry," He said to Nico, "She did not lose it, the dagger disappeared."

The son of Hades chuckled. 

"Uh, anyways, what's up?" Percy said, leaning against the doorframe.

"Reyna wants to talk to you."

Percy's slight grin dropped. "Did she say why?"

Nico shook his head. "Said it wasn't that important though."

"Wasn't that important."

"Yeah." Percy stared at him. Nico stared back. "I would uh, I would go now though... just in case."

Percy threw his head back and groaned. "Just me?"

Nico shook his head. "Annabeth too."

Percy turned around and yelled, "Annie! Reyna wants to see us!"

"Don't call me Annie!" She yelled back. Seconds later, Annabeth showed up at the front door.

She looked like a mess. Her face was red, her hair was all over the place, and she was breathing heavily. If Nico hadn't had the quick glance into their disastrous living room then he would have thought...

"Oh, hey Nico," Annabeth said.

Nico blinked a few times shaking away the thought. "Hey."

The three demigods glanced at each other. Nico fidgeted with his ring and looked down. "Percy said you can't find your dagger?"

Annabeth's face scrunched up. "I am literally this close to absolutely-"

"Nico said Reyna needs to talk to us now," Percy interrupted. "So we should probably get going and take a break from knife hunting."

She sighed. "Yeah, yeah you're right."