They All Get What They Deserve In The End

TRIGGER WARNING: VIOLENCE/GRAPHIC DESCRIPTIONS/UPSETTING THEMES/MENTIONS OF ABUSE

A shower of bullets rained down over the field, scattering the men as they ran for cover. Screaming could be heard for miles, crying out, names of family and friends alike being called but the gunfire didn't stop.

With the community distracted, men hopped in their trucks and turned them around, opening the back and releasing a plague out onto the open area. The dead roared, celebrating their freedom as they ran towards whatever human they reached first. 

Baekhyun took his chance to cover his boss, the man who had kept him alive for the best part of a year. Running up and pulling him back from the fireline, he knew what the man needed to do to achieve his goal in all of this.

"Sir," He shouted over the chaos, holding the man as he laughed maniacally at the devastation he had caused. The sheer delight on the man's face as he held on tight to the teen's arm, scared the younger man but he didn't let it throw him off. "Sir, focus! The molotovs are ready. Give the word and we'll fire. You'll have enough time to get around the back. They're keeping your girl inside."

"Do it!" The man yelled back, composing himself into a dangerous image of perfect calmness.  "I'm getting my daughter out of here."

Baekhyun nodded, running back to his own van, giving the hand signal out of the window that the rest of the attackers were waiting for. Taemin just smirked, admiring the sight around him, the chaos; before pushing Felix into the middle of it without a second thought, sprinting back to his car, shooting the dead down that got in his way. Nothing was stopping him this time!

"Yoongi!" Hoseok screamed, shooting the rotten corpses in front of him as he caught the elder running away, in the corner of his eye. "Where are you going? We need to stick together!" 

"He's going to the back!" Yoongi shouted, fighting his way through the growing crowd of dead. He didn't miss a beat, he saw the man drive, he knew which direction he was heading in. "I need to get Jimin! Keep fighting! Taehyung! Stay together, I'll be back!"

"No, Yoon, wait!" Hoseok tried, desperately but the man had disappeared into the chaos. "Tae, fucking stay close. Don't you dare run from me as well!"

"Never, hyung," Taehyung cried and the elder could hear the break in his voice, the fear. They stood back to back, shooting as much as they could until their pistols ran empty. "I've got your back, keep going! We can get through this!"

They were in all directions, the vile monsters closing in under the rain of bullets. Seokjin could feel himself suffocating in the heat, having nowhere to run, nowhere to turn. He knew he was seconds away from hitting the ground, not having any energy left to continue the endless fight. 

"Don't you dare," Namjoon muttered harshly, under his breath panic striking his heart as he ran towards the eldest, seeing him stumbling away from the dead. He managed to catch up to him, grabbing his broad shoulders before he could go down, kicking down the dead that was about to attack from in front. "Do not do this to me again, hyung! Get up!"

"I -I can't... Joon," Seokjin gasped for breath, feeling sweat drip down his forehead as he tried desperately to stop the younger from moving him forwards through the battlefield. "Stop, just... Just go, leave me. Get yours-self safe!"

"Shut up," Namjoon spat, choosing to believe he didn't hear his hyung say that. "Come on, we need to get out of here!"

"You do," Seokjin started to argue, knowing he'd only slow the younger down. He could not be the reason his brother was killed, he couldn't be the one to put him in danger. "Go, Namjoon!"