False Hope

"Why are we out here?" Jungkook asked, a fed-up tone underlying in his voice, as he followed Minho down to the big, metal, fence which surrounded the hospital. Though he'd never let it show, the whole fence set up was giving him bad memories from the warehouse and he didn't want to stick around much longer.

"I wanted to show you something," Minho said, casually as they finally reached the gate. Jungkook watched as the elder walked up to a big, plastic, box beside the two entry doors and pulled out two, medium length, crowbars. "Your hyungs will probably shoot me for this but I wanted to show you how I get my anger out."

Jungkook frowned, not following, as the elder handed him one of the tools. "Whatcha mean? I don't..."

"You see, Kook," Minho sighed, gesturing to the metal fence behind him. Between the bars that made up the defensive wall, the dead were peering through, growling as they tried desperately to break through the steel. "I don't take my anger out on the living, I learned that lesson a long time ago. Instead..."

Jungkook stared, wide-eyed, as the elder approached the fence and casually plunged his crowbar in between the bars, taking the dead down one by one. "I take it all out on the dead. Do you think you need to break something to get all that fury out? Well, try and break these rotters rather than a sixteen-year old's ribs, yeah?"

The young boy couldn't do anything but stare at the man in front of him, his eyes squinted as he tried to detect some sort of accusation in the elder's voice. But he couldn't find it, the man genuinely seemed like he wanted to help.

"Give it a go?" Minho asked, a small smile on his lips as he gestured for the boy to step closer. With a deep breath in, Jungkook decided it was worth a try. He couldn't lose anything by trying... So, what the hell?

Yoongi sighed reluctantly, finally deciding to leave, rubbing the looming sleep away from his eyes. He was pushing it too far, being sat with his brothers for the best part of two hours at this point.

"You going now?" Seokjin asked, softly. Namjoon looked up at the second eldest, backing his hyung's question.

"Yeah," Yoongi sighed again, rubbing the back of his neck tiredly. "I gotta get back to Chim. After last night, it's not fair leaving him on his own for this long."

"You do know he's an adult, right?" Seokjin asked, cocking an eyebrow at the man. "I'm sure he can cope by himself for a while."

"Yeah, well..." Yoongi shrugged with a slight scoff, thinking back to the previous night and just how clingy his boyfriend got after he had finally managed to calm him down. "Try telling me that again after he starts pouting and clutches on to you like a teddy."

"We don't call him Minie for nothing, hyung," Namjoon chuckled softly at the idea of their most innocent member acting his age for once.

"And I'm sure he'll hate you both if he heard you right now," Seokjin shook his head, turning back to Hoseok with sad eyes. The cheery boy was gaining some colour back in his cheeks, no longer as pale as he was. Woosung had removed the dressing from around his head and, now, he just laid, sleeping calmly as if it was just his day off from work.

"I'm sure I can live with that," Namjoon chuckled again, with a soft shake of his head.

"Well, I can't," Yoongi disagreed immediately, pushing himself to his feet. "So, if you'll excuse me..."

"Hyung?" Namjoon called as Yoongi was about to near the door. The man turned back, a small frown bending his brows when he saw his brother's expression suddenly grow sad.

"Hmm?"

"What did happen last night?" The leader asked and Yoongi saw the slight concern in his eyes. Seokjin had turned back and his expression was asking the same. The second eldest sighed, shaking his head slightly.