What Is Your Dream?

"What are you doing?" Jimin asked his husband softly as he was pulled to a stop, just outside of Taehyung's bedroom. He watched as Yoongi slipped his jacket off, without a word, and the action left him confused.

"Put this on," Yoongi simply said, gently wrapping the jacket around the boy, carefully lifting his right arm to help him while being cautious of his ribs, which were taking their sweet time to heal. "If you think I'm letting you see Jin hyung like this..."

"Like what?" Jimin frowned, looking over the man's shoulder to Hoseok for an explanation, but he just shrugged. "Yeobo, it's too hot to wear jackets."

"You stink of weed, babe," Yoongi gave a small smile, doing the buttons right up to the boy's neck. "Jin hyung will lose his shit if he smells it. Now... Come on." 

"Yoon?" Jimin looked at the elder and grabbed his arm before he could move away, his eyes suddenly serious and pleading. "Please don't tell Tae about earlier. He doesn't need to know... Please?"

Taking his husband's hand, the elder simply nodded, keeping his smile warm as he proceeded to knock on the door in front of them. 

Though he was looking at the boy beside him with a warm smile, the smile faltered slightly when the door swung open, revealing Nayeon wearing one of her most excited and brightest grins. 

"Yoonie oppa!" The little girl squealed as she hopped on the spot, overjoyed to finally see the two. Seokjin must have kept his promise! "Jiminie oppa!"

"Hey, sweetheart," Yoongi smiled, quickly grabbing the girl and pulling her into a hug as he saw her try to jump up at Jimin, clearly expecting to be picked up like usual. He clicked his tongue, seeing how she frowned but decided to keep hold of her, not wanting the boy to overexert himself just to make her happy. "How have you been? Where's Tae and Jinnie?"

"Hyung," Taehyung appeared at the door, answering the question for himself as he let the three in his room. As soon as he saw his best friend though, his soft smile broke into an expression perfectly reflecting all of his overwhelming emotions from the past few days. "Chim?" 

The small boy froze in the doorway, having to be ushered in by Hoseok but as soon as he was in the room, he grabbed his soulmate and pulled him close. Taehyung returned the hug by gently wrapping his arms around the boy's shoulders, his hold light as a feather as he made sure there was a little distance between them.

"I won't break, Tae Tae," Jimin gave a soft chuckle, one that instantly made Yoongi's heart warm as he watched the two closely. "It's okay, you won't hurt me."

"You might, tiny. I'm not taking any chances," Taehyung shook his head, stepping closer nonetheless. Considering the last time he had seen Jimin was when he had to carry him in from the car, after Taemin tried to beat the life out of him, it was no surprise he was beyond cautious. Though his light hold turned even lighter when his hands rested on the boy's back, feeling his spine through his shirt, not in the way that was normal for the dainty boy but in an unhealthy way. A way that showed just how bad things had gotten for him. "I'm so sorry, chingu. I'm so sorry."

"Why?" Jimin frowned, not pulling away but holding him as tight as his arms let him. Being so lost in his own head, despite Yoongi trying his hardest to make him realise, he hadn't noticed just how withdrawn he had become. It hadn't occurred to him that feeling so low, so bad, was making him ill; but the others had noticed and they were scared for him. And now Taehyung was too. "What for?"

"Not being there for you," Taehyung sighed, speaking quietly so only he could hear him, resting his forehead against the boy's shoulder. He could smell the weed, back when they first entered the room but decided not to mention anything. He already knew the boy had become low again and he feared he had known it for a long time, even before Hwaesa. "I shouldn't have hidden away after... That first time when... I know what you're up to, buddy. I saw it back then, it was obvious what you wanted from Taemin... I wasn't blind to the fact that you... You wanted him to kill you. But you can't think like that anymore, Chim! Please, you need to take care of yourself. If you can't, you need to let us take care of you, until you can. Please don't let yourself drown again. "