Last Shred Of Strength

"You really underpaid us, this time, Dawon," Taemin sighed, leaning into his desk and shaking his head at the woman. "We can't have this. It's bad enough my own staff don't work hard enough, now I have to worry about you as well?"

"I have already told you," The woman gritted her teeth, having to repeat herself. Woosung already knew about the two bosses deal, and why it was in place, but Namjoon had no idea what they were talking about. "It's not that I purposefully shortchanged you, there just wasn't enough out there to meet the criteria." 

"Tsk - you see, I think you did do it on purpose," Taemin sighed, not believing the woman for a second. She hadn't lived up to her end of the bargain. 

He carefully stood up and walked over to her, the way an animal would stalk up to its small prey. Namjoon watched carefully, tensing up a bit when he saw Dawon flinch back from the man now standing directly in front of her, only Woosung being there to leave a tiny gap between them. 

"I'm not going to repeat myself, again," Dawon said but her voice was small, unhearable. Namjoon had never seen this side of her, she was scared of Taemin. Truly scared.

"What was that?" Taemin asked with a smirk, cupping his hand behind his ear and leaning down as if to say speak up. "I can't hear you, my love." 

"I am not repeating myself again," Dawon said, looking up at the man with harsh eyes, before then realising she had perfectly fallen for his little patronising trick. Taemin just gave a little chuckle, his eyes gleaming as he stepped forwards more, forcing Woosung to step back.

"Now, are we going to stick to our little plan?" He asked, his voice hushed as he never broke his eyes away from the woman who was now staring at the ground. When she refused to answer, he brought his hand up and gently brushed along her cheekbone, causing her to flinch back almost as if the man had a fire in his fingertips. "Or do we have to go back to the way we used to solve things?"

"Taemin..." Woosung warned, a low growl to his voice, but before he could say anything, there was a rapid rush of knocking on the door. 

Taemin let out a growl of frustration, dropping the strand of Dawon's hair that he was twirling around his fingers, and turned to the door.

"Come in," He said, his voice was sickeningly sweet but strained like he was forcing himself to be kind to the intruder.

The door opened ever so slowly before revealing the young girl behind it, already bowing her head to the man in charge.

"I am so sorry, Seonsaengnim," Chaeyoung rushed out, praying she hadn't interrupted anything important. 

"That is not how you apologise, Chaeyoung," Taemin clicked his tongue, waiting for the teen to correct her posture.

Namjoon stared with wide eyes as the young girl, no older than Jungkook, lowered herself to the floor and gave a full bow. He was completely shocked but also infuriated when he turned back to Taemin, just to see he wasn't even paying attention. The man in charge just walked back to his seat, slumping in it and kicking his feet on the desk.

"What do you want, Chaeyoungah?" The man asked, causing the girl to jump and raise her head slowly, remaining on her knees.

"The two men you sent downstairs, Seonsaengnim," The girl said in a quiet voice. "They are requesting the doctor and Dawonnim." 

"Of course they are," Taemin sighed with a bitter expression, knowing too well that they would be. Though, he never expected his guests to start ordering his staff around. He caught the three adults in the room, looking at him with firm expressions. "Well? Go... I have some things to sort out for our new doctor, anyway."