The Secret Genius Of The Group

TRIGGER WARNING: STRONG LANGUAGE

"Sir," Baekhyun spoke, walking into Taemin's office with two cups of coffee. The man was sat at his desk, mindlessly rubbing the back of his neck as he looked through the plans he had in front of him. "Chanyeol is rounding up the men you asked for, he said they will be in the hall when you are ready for them."

"Who should I kill first, Byun?" Taemin asked, his voice as harsh and blunt as his words. He looked up at the man with dark, narrowed, eyes as if he was making the toughest decision of his life. Though, he knew this was going to be one of the easiest calls he could make. "Help me out here 'cus I can't decide... That Jimin is seriously getting on my last nerve but... Taking out Yoongi, in front of him, may just shut him up enough. That said, something may be cathartic about taking out my dear Minhossi. That sounds like a plan... Then again, although I've already promised the doctor is last but I don't know how much longer I can..."

"Sir," Baekhyun cut his boss off from his morbid train of thought, frowning slightly as the man spoke about their plans so openly. "Should you really be talking bout this with him in the room?"

Taemin shot his eyes over to the corner of the room, pursing his lips as he looked at the young teen sitting and watching them with blank eyes. He thought for a moment, watching the boy closely, trying to see if there was anything readable about his expression. There wasn't, just bewilderment as the teen fumbled with the rope that held his hands behind his back.

"I've already tested it," Taemin shook his head, taking the cup the man was holding out to him, taking a casual sip before sitting back in his chair and kicking his feet up on the desk, knocking some of his papers on the floor in the process. "The kid doesn't understand a word we say."

"Are you sure?" Baekhyun asked, disbelief in his voice as he picked up the paper the man had kicked all over the floor. "Doesn't make much sense to be in the country if you don't know the language." 

"Look at him," Taemin just scoffed, smirking as the boy stared at them with trembling lips. "Looks as dumb as a retarded puppy. I just want to smack that dumbarse expression off his face but, for some reason, I just can't bring myself to hurt him... Can't hurt someone who's entirely innocent right?"

"When has that ever stopped you?" Baekhyun scoffed but the man ignored him. "I still don't get how he can't understand anything at all."

"I just told you, he doesn't speak Korean," Taemin gritted his teeth, raising his eyebrow at the man, not liking how he was suddenly challenging him on this. "But if you don't believe me, please feel free to talk to him yourself, Byun." 

"Yah," Baekhyun turned to the boy, crouching in front of him after collecting up the plans. "What's your name, kid?"

"What?" Felix frowned at the man, cowering back slightly. His thick accent shone through with every word, throwing the men off and convincing them completely. "I... English, Sir. I don't understand."

The boy had been playing it safe, going along with each of his answers, playing dumb, making sure the group of intimidating men around him had no idea he understood every word they were saying. So far, it seemed to be working. He mentally thanked God that his mother had forced him into acting classes when he was younger since all those soul-destroyingly hours of boredom finally seemed to be paying off. Other than being kept tied up and under the cold stare of the man in charge, Felix had been completely unharmed.

"Told you so," Taemin smirked, cocking his eyebrow as Baekhyun faced him with a scowl. "Skeptical prick."

"Well, what is his name?" Baekhyun asked with a sharp tone, still not trusting the kid his boss had pulled in from just outside the hospital. If he had been with that group, how could he not understand a single word of Korean? It didn't make sense.