𝐂𝐇𝐀𝐏𝐓𝐄𝐑 𝟑𝟒

Start from the beginning

She had no time for that and at the moment she could hardly remember anything anyway, except for the fact that it was certainly no coincidence that she had woken up now of all times.

The fact that she was here now and unconsciously knew exactly what was going to happen sent a shiver down her spine that she couldn't shake off.

She just told them that they had to take care of the Hokage and all the people in the arena as soon as possible before she took a short trip to her apartment.

She ran to her bedroom as she undressed on the way there, quickly putting on her Jonin clothes and tying her hair into a loose braid.

Jun didn't have time to prepare for what was to come and she couldn't care less right now about how she looked or what kind of impression she would make in the arena.

She had to do everything she could to help the Hokage and her friends while trying to suppress the feeling of guilt that was building up inside her.

If only she hadn't been in that strange-looking faint for so long, she might have been able to prevent what was happening today. If only her will to wake up had been stronger, she might have been able to do it.

●●●

Jun could already see all the Ninja coming from the Land of Sounds on the way to the arena, trying to disable the forces from Konoha.

She activated her Sharingan and hurriedly threw some of her Kunais in their direction to prevent worse, but she didn't look back but stood on the roof of the arena a short time later.

She saw the barrier rising into the sky and Jun knew exactly that she was already too late. Now no one would be able to save the Hokage and she only hoped that he had a chance against Orochimaru.

Her eyes scanned the surroundings and when she spotted Guy and Kakashi fighting enemy Shinobi, she appeared at Kakashi's side and smirked, pulling out two of her remaining Kunais.

"Did you miss me?". she asked, looking up at him, and when she saw his shocked expression, she had to chuckle softly even if it was certainly not appropriate in this situation.

"J-Jun...", he just managed to say and you could see quite clearly that he couldn't believe that she was standing next to him.

"We'll have plenty of time to talk about everything later.", and just as she was about to add something, she threw her Kunai, taking out one of the Shinobi who was about to attack them both.

Kakashi still couldn't believe that she was now standing next to him, but right now was simply not the time to talk about why she had woken up.

She fought and fought, taking out more and more of the enemy Shinobi while feeling how her body actually had no strength at all to do all these things.

Jun was still too weak and this couldn't be blamed on her. One had to consider that she had woken up not even an hour ago and had no time to regenerate.

But this was not about her or her health. This was about trying with all means to keep the damage as low as possible and hoping that the Hokage would survive it as well.

Out of the corner of her eye she looked at the barrier that had formed and inwardly she prayed to every god she knew in her world that he would do everything he could to keep the Hokage from dying.

The chance that this would happen, however, was small. From the numerous conversations she had overheard, she knew that Orochimaru wouldn't end things without the third Hokage losing his life.

She knew that now that the barrier existed around the two of them, no one had even the slightest chance of getting to them and helping him, and even if she didn't want to admit it, he was now on his own.

From the numerous books she had read, Jun knew that the third Hokage was also strong and powerful, but what couldn't be ignored here was the fact that this was Orochimaru they were talking about and he would surely pull some dirty tricks out of his sleeve.

"Where are Naruto, Sakura and Sasuke?", Jun yelled from the other end of the bleachers as she took out all the enemy Shinobi.

"Sasuke is chasing Gaara and his comrades of the Sand Village. Sakura released the Genjutsu on Naruto and Shikamaru and went with Pakkun after Sasuke.", Jun's eyes snapped open as she heard Kakashi's explanation and she spun around to face him while extending her arm out to the side and drilling her Kunai directly into an enemy's neck.

"You sent them off alone?"

"Shikamaru's with them. They'll be fine. They'll be okay, Jun. Pakkun is with them too."

Jun didn't like that idea at all. Even though she could understand why Kakashi had made this decision, she didn't know if it would lead to success in the end.

She knew that she couldn't pamper the students forever and she knew that they would have to stand on their own feet at some point and yet the thought that they were now out there alone was something that ended in a queasy feeling in her stomach.

It only took a few pursuers and the small group of Genin would probably not be able to withstand them. And even if Shikamaru was with them and she had a lot of confidence in him, it wouldn't change the outcome.

But Jun had other worries now, they had to secure this arena and especially the village as fast as they could to protect the people who lived here.

At the moment that was their biggest priority and all the other problems and worries they would somehow manage afterwards, when the right time had come.