Chapter 24

"We need to figure out a way to take care of Filch," Harry said coming into the common room, "He almost caught a few people tonight."

Fred and George smirked at each other.

"We got this," George said.

"What are you two going to do?" I asked.

"You'll just have to come with and find out love," Fred said getting off the couch.

Fred came down from his room holding a pink heart shaped box in his hand.

"What's in that?" Ron asked.

"You'll see," George said.

I got up off the couch following Fred and George out of the common room. Filch had a chair and table set up outside the Room of Requirement.

"Mal, go set this on his table," Fred said handing me the box.

"What? Why me?" I asked.

"Because if he sees you walking is the hall it will be less suspicious," George said.

"Ugh, fine," I said holding the box walking over to the table.

Before we left the common room I had written his name on the little card on the front. I sat the box on the table making sure it was perfect. I heard someone walking down the hall and sprinter back around the corner where Fred and George were.

"Why are you running?" Fred asked.

"I heard someone coming," I said out of breath even though I didn't run that far.

We all three peaked our heads around the corner to see Filch walking up to his spot. He looked down at the box picking it up. Filch sat down in his chair opening the box. A smile came on his face before he grabbed a piece and started eating it.

I looked back and Fred and George who were both smirking. I turned back to Filch to see what was going to happen. Filch ate a few more pieces before he sat the box down. I noticed that he started touching his face. Filch turned his head enough to where I could see his face. He had huge boils forming on his face. I gasped while Fred and George laughed.

The newest Educational Decree said, "Those wishing to join the inquisitorial squad for extra credit may sign up in the High Inquisitors office"

Of course most of the Slytherins joined as quickly as they could.

"Working hard is very important. But there is something that is more important, believing in yourself," Harry said walking around adjusting peoples forms, "Think of it this way, every great wizard in history has started out nothing more than we are now, students. If they can do it, why not us?"

We were all standing around in a circle shooting spells at a dummy.

"Reducto!" Ginny said waving her wand at the dummy causing it to blow up.

Harry smiled at Ginny while the twins looked at each other like they were proud of their sister.

Neville was dueling with one of the Patil twins and managed to knock her wand out of her hand. Everyone stared in shock and then congratulated him.

"Alright, this is going to be our last practice until after the Holidays. Just keep practicing on your own as best you can and well done everyone, great work," Harry said.

The whole group started clapping.

"We've been thinking Harry, we might slip Umbridge some puking pastilles into her tea," Fred said.

"Or fever fudge, they give you these massive puss filled boil-

I saw Harry eyeing Cho behind the twins.