Chapter 18!

Mei’s POV:

I grumbled strongly and ordered Himeko to take Yuzu to her room, to which she agreed. I don't want to ruin their tradition in the pack by facing Yuzu in her eyes.

I walked to Crena, "What is it you want, Crena? How dare you touch someone I value?".

She was frightened by my tone and said in a husky but seductive voice: Mei.. I am sorry. I have no idea how important she is to you. But she is unworthy of this place. She doesn't have anything special. You can have me as your girlfriend. I can give you anything,' she tried to touch me.

I grunted back, held her neck and threw her on the other side. "How dare you put your hands on me?" And you say Yuzu's not special. She is special and you are the ones who are not worthy to know her heart. It looks beautiful inside and outside. If I hear anything else from your evil mouth on her, I will tear you apart". I tried to move out.

But, I heard her mumbling, "Why do you have to fight for that rogue when I'm here?". That’s it. My wrath rose and I walked up to her. My eyes started to look different. Everybody in the room now gets scared. They knew what'd happen when I get angry.

I heard another roar that caused me to stop. "Mei, get in your room." You're not supposed to be here," he ordered.

"But Dad......", I tried to explain my action to him. “I asked you to get to your room, Mei. Don't let me say it again," he was still groaning.

I sigh and listen to him. But before I went, I saw a grin on the corner of Crena's face. If it wasn't for Dad, I would have punched that face.

Yuzu’s POV:

I heard every word in my room. As Crena said, I am nothing special. I don't deserve it. Tears flooded my eyes, as thought cam in that someone is here to defend me, to fight for me, to love me for who I am. I really love Mei and this question always pops in my mind – “Am I worthy to have her? Or is it only because I am her mate”

"She loves you because of who you are. She loved you before you became one of the great wolves. So don’t ever…”, Himeko replied.

I jumped off my bed, "You're still here... shit.. Did I say this loudly? "
"She loves you so much Yuzu, more than anything or anyone in this world", she laughed and left the room.

After all that thought, I went to sleep.

I heard the sound in my room. It is Himeko again. "What is Himeko?" I said in a grumpy voice. I still feel tired.

“Wake up Yuzu. The ceremony starts an hour from now, and you're asleep. There's your dress... Mei asked me to give it to you", she left the dress on the table and left.

Before leaving the bedroom, she cried, "Don't sleep."

I jumped from my bed and saw the dress that Mei chose for me.  This is a sheath dress - A narrow-shaped dress that runs directly down the neckline to the hem. Perfect for thin frames, and athletic body types. That worked for me. Its colour was light pink. I told her once white was no good for me. She remembers every word I said to her.

I got refreshed and put on the dress and make-up. She also gave me a simple necklace I could wear.

"Yuzu... have you finished?" shouted Himeko downstairs. I guess nobody's in the manor now. They should be in the backyard where the ceremony will take place.

“Yes… I am ready.”, I told her and went downstairs. "You're beautiful," Himeko said, and I smiled. “Where is Mei?”, I asked her.

"She's already there and everybody's expecting you." She replied.

*At the ceremony:*

I heard Mei's dad announce something.

"I am delighted to see everyone here. See all the pack leaders along with their families and frontline leaders (Beta and Gama). Today is something special for us. My baby girl grew up so fast and she found her partner. She is beautiful as her mother and I am sure that her mother will be proud seeing her standing before us to start her family with her mate and to take over the position to lead the Lunar Blood pack and would be the leader for the wolves across the world with her mate. Now, I would like to introduce her mate as well”, when he was saying this, I see Crena shouting and dancing, “He is going to call me”.

“Himeko, can you bring her back," he asked and Himeko caught my hand and led me to the scene. Everyone was shocked to see me, especially the Alpha and his daughter Crena of the Cross River Pack. I saw Harumin jump with joy at my sight. “Way to go girl”, she shouted. I smiled and then my eyes were locked in the beautiful purple eyes, which held me captive. She looked gorgeous in her dress. Her colour was purple that matched her eyes and he made her more elegant and intimidating. She smiled and I went to stand by her side. She wrapped her hands around mine. I felt so secure.

“This is my daughter's beautiful girlfriend, Yuzu, my niece, my sister Ume Okogi's beautiful daughter. Yuzu, they will be very proud of you," he looked at me.

I couldn't control my tears and I felt the pressure in my hand and I looked into Mei's eyes. She kissed me in my lips to my surprise and yes, I love her and I love her very much.

“We are glad to announce that Mei and Yuzu will be leading our pack, going forward.”, and “there is one more thing” he looked at us and said, “Mei and Yuzu, can you take the necklaces which were given by your mother’s and bring it closer. Let me see it."

We were confused but did it the way he said. When they were united, they began to shine. It looks like Mei and Myself had only half of the piece and when we moved it closed, it fused and started glowing which spread through our bodies and we could see our bodies being glowed and I could see there is a power which was flowing through me and Yuzu. I was not sure if I handle it. It was so hard, but Mei kept on holding me until it stopped.

Mei's dad was super shocked and happy, "I didn't believe it before, but everything that my wife said is true. She asked me to do that as part of your mating ceremony. Glad I did it”. He hugged us and repeated: The party begins now. Enjoy yourself”.

Someone from the crowd raised their voice asking, “Are they super wolves?”. I turned back to see who is it. It is my old Alpha and Crena was standing near him shocked – totally shocked.

Harumin ran over to me and hugged me, “I missed you so much”. I saw Mei growling in anger, “Move, this is my girl.. Don’t you dare touch her”… Ah.. the possessive Mei.

“She is my friend Mei who is the only person who helped me in the older pack”, I replied her. “I am grateful”, she said and hugged Harumin.

“Yes they are”, Mei’s dad announce and we saw so many voices talking about us in the crowd.

But, our eyes were glued to each other in love and nothing else matters now. I am now an official mate to the beautiful women standing before me. That’s all matters now.

*To ne continued *