Chapter 49: Welcoming A New Wolf

Hey Everyone...enjoy!...

(5 Weeks Later)

Caroline's POV

"AAAAHHHHHH," I scream out in pain. I felt my body moving from the couch into someone's arms but I couldn't tell whose, my eyes shut and my mind solely focused on the little devil trying to escape out of my uterus right now. I felt the arms release me and my aching back met soft silk sheets. I opened my eyes to see Freya, Hayley, and Nik beside me.

"Hey there, Love. Breathe deeply," I heard his gentle voice whisper into my ear but the sound was soon taken over by another scream escaping my lips as another painful contraction hit.

"Rebekah, pass me some more towels and blankets," Freya shouted through my screams. I felt Hayley's hand grip my left and Nik grip my right one. As another scream escaped me, I squeezed both their hands with as much hybrid strength and pain I could muster, not stopping even after I heard a few bones being broken.

"Caroline. I need you to breathe. Take deep, quick breaths. Spread your legs wider," Freya shouted at me as Nik rubbed my belly soothingly. Another contraction hit and I realized my son was coming out sooner than expected.

A few hours ago, I felt the contractions start. I shouted out in pain, confusion and worry taking over me, thinking something was wrong since my son was wanting to come out a week early.

"NIKLAUS MIKAELSON, I WILL KILL YOU AFTER THIS," I yelled and glared at him, his face full of worry as he gulped down a breath.

"You don't mean that, love," He shot me a smile but soon turned back to worry as I continued glaring at him.

"WHY DOES THIS HURT SO MUCH?!!" I screamed out again as another contraction hit, the time getting shorter and shorter between them. Tears escaped my eyes quickly as the pain was becoming too much to bear. I felt my eyes turn yellow and my teeth elongate as I screamed out in pain again, the noises beside me blurring out.

"I see the head, Caroline! Keep pushing," Freya commanded and I felt my wolf take over me, giving me extra strength as I kept pushing. I felt extra pillows and blankets being added around me by Rebekah who shot me reassuring comments every few seconds.

"C'mon, Caroline. You got this," Hayley smiled at me. I smiled back at her, tears painted on my face, my body laced with sweat as I began pushing again.

I felt Nik's free arm wrap around me and hold me, whispering sweet nothings into my ear. I gripped onto their hands again as the biggest amount of pain hit me, then soreness and tiredness swept over my body like a hurricane.

"Hey there, little guy," Freya cooed as she presented to me -in her arms, wrapped up in a blanket, covered in blood - my son. My tiredness was soon pushed back by my happiness and joy as Freya cleaned up my baby boy and wrapped him up in a new, fresh blanket and handed him to me.

My eyes widened and my smile grew as I encased the little cub in my arms, his father's arms next to mine, as we looked down at the wonderful bundle of joy.

"Hi-Hi there," I bit back my tears as I took in my sleeping son, his eyes closed to the world. Freya had assured me a few minutes later that because he was early, he was likely not to make too much sound or open his eyes for another week.

"My little, baby boy," I cooed, turning to smile at Nik whose eyes were glossy, although he would never admit it even years later. Nik's fingers shakily reached out towards our son and I slowly released him from my grasp, my arms feeling lonely and barren without our son in my arms. But, Nik's smile and joy made up for it as he sniffed and looked down at our child with such love and pride.

I felt my eyes droop down and I let out an unexpected yawn. After a few seconds, I suddenly felt very self conscious as I was half naked with blankets over me, covered in sweat and blood, and my hair looked like it had gone through a car wash. My self consciousness rose as I felt noise from outside the room, sounds of laughter and groaning.

"Is everyone waiting outside?" I looked to Nik, realizing us three were the only ones in the room right now. The others must've taken off while I was cradling my son and I had not realized. Nik nodded, his face clear with impatience.

"They can come in," I sigh, smiling at him. He sends me a smirk before kissing his son and placing him back in my arms before walking towards the door. Nine people rushed through, excited to see the new edition to the family. A wave of "aww"'s swept through the air as everyone took in the sleeping bundle.

"Everyone," I excitedly announced as Nik took his place beside me, "I would like to introduce you all to the newest Mikaelson family, Lukas Henrik Mikaelson."

All eyes turned towards the little, sleeping wolf that was born near midnight on May 13th.

My son. 

HEY Y'ALL....

So, technically, this is the last chapter but there is an epilogue. Also, people might think me crazy for naming their son Lukas Henrik Mikaelson. I'm going to be completely honest. Lukas was the first boy name I always wanted to give my future son if I had one. I'm german and it's a pretty german name. Also I was too lazy/bad at giving middle names so I went with Henrik...sue me lol. 

Vote and comment if you liked the chapter! 

Have a good night everyone! Stay safe!

-greybandit313💙🖤💚