Chapter 15: Good Ol' Home

Hey Everyone! Here's Chapter 15..enjoy..

(10 hours later)

Davina's POV

After Kol leaves, I immediately rush to the bathroom to shower and change clothes. The cold water sends chills over my body but they have no effect on the heat burning through my veins. For once, I'm thankful for the cold water since there is no heating due to the abandonment of the building.

What is wrong with me? I jumped on Kol like a horny animal.

After leaving the shower, I threw on some black pants and heels along with a dark grey camo shirt that hugged my body. After fixing my hair into a ponytail, I grab my bag and head outside towards my coven.

As I continue walking through the path along the woods, I can't help but get the feeling I'm being watched. I turn back around quickly and squint my eyes so I could see farther but sadly, I see nothing. I grip my bag tighter and pull out the knife I conceal in my purse and put it in my pocket before continuing to walk.

After twenty minutes of walking through the woods, I come across my coven's graveyard right on the edge of the city. The place is crowded with witches from both covens and I roll my eyes as I see Moniwhore in the center of it.

"Oh look who showed her face," She mocked me.

"Oh shove it up your ass Monique," I grit out, throwing my bag towards the ground before walking towards the biggest Mausoleum with the words Claire etched onto it.

"....and she plans to be our leader," I hear Monique whisper towards the other girls, loud enough for me to hear. I suppress my anger and sadness and walk down the stairs to hell.

"Mother," I state out as the woman in front of me turns to look towards me.

"You're late. Honestly Davina, I don't ask for much. The least you can do is care to show up for an important event," My mother sighs dramatically before moving over towards a table to the side holding different color ribbons. I hold down the bile forming in my throat and the tears forming in my eyes.

God, why is she such a bitch? It's never anything good to say.

"Sorry Mother. Won't happen again. I'm here now," I mumble out and look down towards the ground.

"I see that. Monique has been here all week filling your duties," My mother coldly stares at me and I roll my eyes.

"Of course she has. She's like a lost puppy scraping for attention," I joke about earning a glare from my mother, making my blood run cold.

"That is enough Davina. At least she shows interest in our coven, instead of running off with vampires," My mother sneered.

"I told you, Josh left for college months ago. I haven't seen him since he went to San Diego," I justify.

"I'm not talking about that gay vampire. I'm talking about Kol Mikaelson. I know he hangs around and flirts with the girls but I had hoped you wouldn't fall for his tricks. Seriously Davina, I thought that you had more common sense," My mother argues.

"What Kol and I do is none of your business," I shout at her. "He's actually fun and teaches me how to love and embrace my magic," I say defending him, adding, "not fall into an old hag, like you. All you do is use my power and you couldn't embrace the idea that your powerful daughter would want to be free and escape the chains her mother enforces."

"How dare you," My mother seethes and rushes over to grab my arm painfully. "You will not go near that monster again. He's a monster. Now, go help Monique with the work before you slack off even more," My mother angrily shouts at me and I glare at her before pulling my arm out of her grasp and marching upstairs towards the dreadful bitch. I pull down the tears trying to get outside but it's hard with the constant pain around my arm. I look down towards the marks on my skin, small red irritated skin, nearing the shape of fingers pressed together.