Chapter 32: A New Job

Hey Everyone....here's chapter 32...

Caroline's POV

I woke up the next morning with the light jazz music playing downstairs as my alarm clock. I smiled as I stepped out of bed and opened the balcony door before looking down at the streets. Luckily, the sun was facing opposite of my windows so I felt a nice breezy shade before the humidity set in, in a few hours. I stretch my arms above me and let out a content sigh. I feel my phone buzz and rush over to it, seeing Elijah's name pop up.

Elijah

Good morning, Caroline. My sister wants to meet with you tonight. She wanted me to tell you if it was okay to meet her at your place. She didn't want you to feel burdened to come to the mansion.

I text back my response before plopping the phone down on the bedside table and walking into the kitchen to make myself some coffee. I head for the shower as the coffee machine does its work. I turn the water on, making it a little cold to give myself a nice morning boost on this hot summer day, before stepping in.

Today's a good day. Freya's coming to meet me, and I need to send an application to the.... Oh my god! I can't believe I forgot last night. I have to do it early today.

As soon as I shampoo and condition my hair as well as wash my body, I turn off the water and step out of the shower. I walk over to my closet and pick out my most formal clothes to wear in this scenario so I decide on high waisted, multi-buttoned, black jeans and a white, buttoned blouse with small, black, polka dots. I head over to the kitchen, grabbing my mug and pouring myself some coffee. As soon as the coffee touches my throat, I run over to the sink, spitting it out.

What?? Why does this coffee taste awful?

I look over to the other coffee packets, smelling them slowly along with inspecting the coffee machine.

What is wrong with me? Nothing smells wrong and the machine is working fine? Have my taste buds changed?

My stomach grumbles and I roll my eyes before throwing the coffee down the sink and washing the mug before putting a bag of blood in it. I tap my fingers nervously against the counter as I wait for the blood to heat up in the microwave. As soon as the microwave beeps, I push to open and grab my mug before swallowing it down quickly. I refill another bag again and do the same thing.

Two bags in the morning, one at lunch, two bags at night. This is just the effects of the transformation, Care. It's going to be okay.

I try hard to make myself feel better but as I down my third cup of blood, I start to really worry.

What if Davina's spell is going wrong? What if something is happening to me? What if I'm dying?

I choke back a sob and try to think positive thoughts.

No, Davina is a smart witch. Sure, there's never been someone like me, but she knows what she's doing. And Freya will help me, if that's the case.

I now want more than anything for it to be 5:00 in the evening. But then, I remember what I have to do. I grab my laptop and a notepad before making my resume. Of course I lie a lot but I know I'm perfect for the job and I'll be good at it. As soon as I finish, I realize it's only 10:00 in the morning so I grab my purse from the counter, my phone, and my keys from the doorway before heading out.

I tie my hair up into a quick bun using a few black pins as I walk down the street. I walk slowly enjoying the scenery before heading towards the building. I enter and look over to the office area before heading to the principal's office. I knock lightly against the door and am greeted by a woman, sitting at a desk.