Chapter 27: If The Deals Over,.....

Hey Everyone! Here's chapter 27....enjoy....

Caroline's POV

"Okay. I'm going to help you out," Rebekah sighs as she jumps off one of the many dressers in the shop, "because I can't stand sitting through another minute with your face filled of this." Rebekah motions her hand around my face and makes a disgusted face while I just smile and roll my eyes.

"I have no idea what-"

"Bullshit," Rebekah states and I turn to her surprised at her language. "Oh for the love of god, Care, you shouldn't blame yourself for liking my brother. We have all done bad things in our long, long, long lives."

"You clearly like him," Rebekah says before turning to look at a different clothes rack. I turn to look at another, my fingers running through the soft fabrics aimlessly. "And he clearly likes you. You're just afraid to admit you like the "bad guy" and he's too afraid to let someone into his heart."

Rebekah stops moving before turning back to me. "Wow, you really are perfect together," She giggles and I roll my eyes before looking back at the different shirts.

"Look, I'll help you. I mean, getting to Nik's heart, it's not a simple task. My brother has more walls around his heart than anyone, but deep down in that thousand year old heart, I know there's some good in it. Because," Rebekah pauses before looking back at some pants, "if there's still a little bit of good left in him, then maybe there's hope for the rest of us."

"Why does your brother have so many walls?" I bluntly ask.

"He..we...well it's a long story. My brother and I do not share the same father. But growing up, no one knew that. And yet, my father tormented and beat him until he was as helpless on the ground as a fish out of water," Rebekah replies, sadness laced in her voice.

"And...no one helped him. I didn't have the strength nor the power to stand up to my father. My older brother though could have, but that wasn't the way back then. Sure, Mikael was awful to each one of us and even worse to Nik, but we never tried to stop him. I guess you could say Nik never really got over that. He bullies people to his side, but in the end, he's still the lone wolf king all alone in his castle," Rebekah sighed and I looked down.

"Sorry. I shouldn't have asked," I apologized and Rebekah shook her head.

"No, no, it's just that I don't know if I'm the best person to be talking about it. Talking to Nik about this would be better," Rebekah muttered. "I do hope it works out though. I know I can be a bitch sometimes," Rebekah giggled before moving past me, "but I do wish for us all to have a happy ending."

I turned around to find Rebekah holding up a yellow blouse in front of me as if to take my measurements. I walked past her to the tank top section and browsed around. I smirk when I think of my brilliant plan to tease her.

"So, how are you and Stefan?" I ask as Rebekah picks up three different shirts.

"Great, we just..," Rebekah pauses before looking at me in shock and I smile evilly back at her. "How did...you-"

"How did I know? Weird side effects from the transformation. I can no longer be compelled. I remember as well when a certain original compelled me," I smile back at her and Rebekah looks like one of those innocent teen girls from horror movies who just found a dead body somewhere.

"Relax, I'm not going to tell anyone. What are friends for?" I rhetorically ask and Rebekah breathes in a sigh of relief.

"I'm sorry for compelling you. But I didn't know if I could-"

"Trust me, I know. I have a feeling trust is hard to come by in all of you Mikaelsons," I giggle.

"Well when you've been alive for as long as we have, you make some enemies," Rebekah sighs as she picks up a pair of black heeled boots.