Chapter 21: The Transformation

Here's Chapter 21, enjoy!......

Caroline's POV

I groan as the blinding lights feel heavy against my eyes. I try to move around a little but end up failing. I try my fingers this time and feel them move ever so slightly, the feeling coming back again. I try my arms and soon find the ability to open my eyes, just a little bit, and come face to face with Elijah and Hayley.

"Oh my god, Care," Hayley worriedly says, squeezing my hand gently. "We were so worried."

"Ugh, why do I feel like my body weighs five tons?" I ask groggily, my throat as dry as any desert.

"You were out for two and a half weeks," Hayley responds frantically.

"I was, what? Does someone mind me getting a blood bag? I'm starving. I feel like I could eat a hundred people," I groan, trying to lift my body ever so slowly. I feed a thud on my bed and turn to Elijah who just placed eight bags of blood on the bed sheets. I can't help myself as my fangs elongate and I feel my veins rise as I grab a blood bag, ripping it open and downing it in a matter of seconds. I do the process again until there is no blood left in the blood bags and my hunger is satiated.

"What happened?" I ask, wiping the blood from around my mouth and licking it.

"What do you remember?" Elijah inquires.

"Um, not much. I got captured, woke up with a horrible pain in my body, and Tyler was there along with Klaus and Davina. And...oh my god....how am I not dead?" I turn to Elijah. Elijah looks down before looking back up to me like he was wondering how he was going to tell me the news.

"It's been a long few weeks Caroline," Hayley interrupts, my eyes turning towards hers. "Just know, everyone is ... safe. I'll explain everything."

"And I'll leave you two to it," Elijah adds, getting up from the chair, buttoning his suit, and walking out the door. As soon as he left I turned towards Hayley.

"So, Davina, after taking some blood from Kol, healed back up enough in time to save you. She was totally kick ass," Hayley laughs before continuing. "She and Kol realized that using Elena's blood, which was tricky to get, she had to go to Klaus' supply. Anyway, used Elena's dopplegänger blood and killed you which would be the process for a werewolf transitioning into a vampire. They argued that since you had werewolf genes first, the process could be done again correctly this time. But after Davina killed you, we got really worried because you were just in this motionless coma for the past two and a half weeks. Davina says you were all good, that your body was healing slowly after all the trauma, but I was still worried." I pulled Hayley into a hug for a few seconds before letting go.

"I'm okay now, I think," I say, unsure.

"So what am I now?" I ask, already knowing the answer. I wait for the response to leave Hayley's lips.

"A hybrid," She finally responds and I wait for all the bad commentary.

"How cool is that?" I snap my head towards Hayley, looking at her confused. "I mean, an actual hybrid. Half kick ass vampire and half kick ass werewolf in a kick ass girl," Hayley adds, laughing.

"You don't think it's bad?" I ask her.

"What are you talking about? Care, you are now one of the most powerful creatures in the world. Act like it," Hayley remarks, softly hitting my arm. I smile before turning towards the window.

She's right. I am a kick-ass hybrid now.

I giggle at my thoughts and turn back towards Hayley when a realization dawns on me.