Chapter 44: Leaving New Orleans?

Hey Everyone! Here's Chapter 44.....

Caroline's POV

"Fuck no. Out of question," Nik immediately shouted, moving in front of me as if Hayley would prey on me knowing this information. I rolled my eyes at his stupidity and moved back into Hayley and Davina's line of sight.

"It's the only way, Klaus. The witches could snap a neck in a matter of seconds, and the werewolves can't react that fast," Davina argued back.

"With the moonlight rings, they can," Nik shouted back, and I could feel his anger rising. I stepped in between the two of them, trying to calm them down.

"Davina, are there not enough moonlight rings?" I ask, holding up my hand to stop Nik from opening his mouth.

"There's only about half the demand that I can make. And unless I find more black kyanite ore, I don't know another option. My family has a good amount, but I can't go close to them without being seen," Davina sighed. I looked towards Hayley who seemed to be oddly quiet in the argument. Her face was contorted as if she was thinking heavily on something.

"I think I know a place. But it's not welcoming towards witches, nor vampires," Hayley spoke up, our eyes turning towards hers.

"The White Mountain Forest Pack."

The air left my lungs as I looked at her like she was crazy.

"What?" were the only words that could form and push out of my mouth.

"When I became leader, I reconnected with packs from around the world. And a few days ago, I got a letter from one of them. A particular one located in New Hampshire. I was going to tell you, but with everything going on, I just kept pushing it back and back. I'm sorry."

I could feel the tears brimming my eyes, wanting to be poured out. "My father's pack is alive?" I asked rhetorically, just trying to process the information by speaking it out loud.

"Pack is a big stretch. Tyler's parents really did a number on them. There's a few tens of people, max," Hayley replied and I gave her a confused look. "Packs usually range from a few hundred to a few thousand pack members, depending on the size and space of their land. Your father's pack, well, they used to be the biggest pack in the Northeast."

"And they don't like witches, especially. Although it's not like you're going to find any vampires or witches nearby," Hayley chuckled. I broke out into a smile.

My father's pack is alive. My father's home is alive. They're alive.

I noticed Nik looking over to Elijah and Freya, having a silent conversation before they turned back to Hayley.

"So, who's going?" Freya asks, speaking up.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Caroline, you have to pack more," Rebekah sighed as she looked through my choices. I put three sets of day wear and pajamas into my bag along with my general toiletries. Rebekah thought that was stupid.

"It isn't a vacation, Rebekah. We're just going there and going back as quickly as we can," I responded from the bathroom where I was packing up, and I could feel the eye roll Rebekah gave off. A knock against the door made me pop out from the bathroom door and I found Nik leading against it.

"Hey," I smiled at him nervously.

"Hello, Love," Nik smiled back. I looked past him to see Rebekah leaving the room. A quietness washed over us. Nik had given the roles to go fetch the black kyanite ore to Freya, Kai, Keelin, and I, which picked up quite an argument at first. Keelin was needed for the fact that she could help talk to the White Mountain Pack in assisting us along with the help of me, Kai was needed for my protection since Nik couldn't leave New Orleans. We argued for ten minutes deciding on who should come with me, Nik arguing for himself then at least Kai, Enzo, and Stefan, but I had reminded him we needed to keep the party calm. Freya also needed to come along because we needed a witch to help sense the ore in the ground, through the multiple caves and tunnels hidden under the mountains, made by the pack. But as I thought more about certain things, my mind started to worry more and more for the safety of my child.