Chapter 34: Where To Go From Here

Hey Everyone....here's chapter 34...

A Few Days Later

Caroline's POV

I run my eyes over the mansion as I walk up the gravel road. The muggy, cloudy sky casts a darker light over the place but it always feels like it's reflecting the chaos inside it. I muster enough of my bravery before pushing open the door and walking down the hallways.

His henchmen that do see me, nod politely before quickly moving out of the way. I nod back but most ignore and continue doing their tasks. I pass by the library and see it's awfully quiet today with no one in sight, not even Elijah. I walk past quickly before heading up the stairs to the second floor and down the main hallway towards Nik's room. As soon as I enter, I sigh and roll my eyes at the mess.

Such a big baby.

I roll my eyes once more then walk through the broken wood and past the holes in the wall before opening the door to his art room.

I suck in a breath as I see him looking into the fire, dousing down liquor from his glass. I knew he could hear me open the door and I sigh warily as I entered the room.

"Klaus," I state and feel my heart stop beating as he turns to look at me in his half-drunken state.

"Caroline," Klaus muttered angrily.

"Was it you or one of your henchmen outside my apartment the day Freya came over?"

He doesn't answer but walks over to his liquor table, pouring himself another glass and I angrily roll my eyes before rushing over and pulling the glass away from him before setting it on a nearby table.

"Will you answer me?" I shriek at him.

"It was me. I arrived at the part of my sister and your conversation with you telling Freya about the fight all the way to the point where you so lovingly stated that a world with me in it only brings blood and death at every corner," He angrily shouts at me while glaring.

"I'm sorry you found out like that, Klaus," I glared back at him. "But you don't scream father material so why should I have told you? Now that you know, what are you going to do? Are you going to force me to get rid of it?"

He glares at me silently for a few seconds before grabbing the drink and throwing it against the wall, the glass breaking into little bits and pieces as it connects with the wall.

"How could you think that? I might be a killer, a monster, but I'm not that kind of monster!" He shouted back at me.

"Well, excuse me Klaus for thinking you're something you're not. Must feel pretty annoyed being called something you're not, being labeled as something you're not," I grit out, and he sighs and looks down, hearing between the lines.

"I'm sorry,Caroline, for what happened a few weeks ago. I lost my temper and I acted rashly," Klaus mutters quietly, looking back up at me. I sigh and meet his eyes, his dark blue-green eyes, the ones that always seem to stare into my soul.

"I'm sorry too. I should have told you about me wanting to move. Even though we had never discussed it, I felt that we had some sort of relationship and I should've told you the truth," I mutter back before breaking into an awkward silence.

"Do you want the baby?" I blurt out, after a few seconds of more silence. "I mean, I hadn't thought about it that much, but I want to keep it. And.....you deserve a chance to be in the baby's life."

Klaus' eyes held shock in them as he took in my statement, his mouth opening before closing again, and then nodding. I nodded back before turning around and walking towards the door, a small smile playing against my lips.

"Stay here," I heard Klaus order behind me. "You'll be better protected, just until the pup arrives."

I thought about his statement for a while.

Would the baby and I be able to survive in the middle of New Orleans? What if witches went after it? Others are already scared of me, and I have no idea what our child will grow into...

"Okay, but only until the pup arrives. Then, I'm moving out and moving back to the apartment," I nod before exiting the room. I hear Klaus huff and sigh at my offer but I give him a look. He nods against his will.

I'll have to go back to the apartment to go pick my stuff up.

I walk back down the hall before bumping into Elijah, who looks a little down but gives me a small smile.

"Caroline, how are you?"

"I'm doing well, Elijah. And you?"

"I'm doing quite well myself. I believe congratulations are in order," Elijah smiles at me and I look back at him in confusion before giving him a questioning look. "Parenting is one of the many wonders of the world, and you will be amazing at it."

"How did you know?" I gape at him.

"I can hear quite well, Caroline, despite what my siblings perceive when I choose to ignore them."

"Thank you, Elijah."

"I believe I should perhaps be thanking you, Miss Forbes. You have given this family a wonderful gift, especially my brother. A chance to redeem ourselves, to regain what little humanity is still intact in our souls."

Elijah walks away after his comment and I stand there thinking of what would happen with a new Mikaelson.

All their enemies will come after them, he won't be safe unless they'll protect him.

I shudder at the thought and my hand immediately rests on my stomach, my eyes unconsciously moving down as I rub my tummy.

"I won't let anything happen to you."

I start walking back down the stairs until I reach the first floor and I walk towards the Grand Foyer. As soon as I step out of the mansion, my smile grows.

"Stefan, what are you doing out here?"

"I heard you were back here. I wanted to say hi, so hi," Stefan and I both chuckle and I give him a small hug before looking up at him with puppy eyes.

"Is there any chance you might be able to help me get my stuff from my apartment?" I plead with him and he gives a small laugh.

"You're just like Beks when she wants something," Stefan chuckles before heading down the gravel path as I follow. 

Okay, soooooo... Klaus and Caroline make a deal again! Care plans to move back to the mansion in hopes of protecting her child. Klaus has other plans for her as well. 

 P.S. This chapter was kind of hard to write because I had to think a lot about what Caroline and Klaus would say. I would think that Caroline would at least offer Klaus a chance to be in the baby's life as long as he cut back on the bad things he was doing. 

What will happen next? 

Read more to find out. Don't forget to vote and comment.

-greybandit313💜🖤