Chapter 17: Learning The Family History

Here's Chapter 17, enjoy!....

The Next Day

Caroline's POV

I groan as the sunlight hits through the glass on the windows and onto my bed, particularly my upper body, making the light sheet on the bed feel hotter than usual. I smile thinking of last night before shaking my head and walking into the bathroom.

Stop smiling Care. Remember why you're here, who he is.

I grab my hairbrush and straighten down the messy bed head before grabbing my curling iron. After doing that and brushing my teeth, I grab my undergarments and throw them on, deciding on light blue underwear and bra, merging nice with my light blue ribbed halter top and black shorts that reach down mid thigh. I grab my black sandals and head down to the kitchen for some food.

When I finally reach the kitchen, I see Kol and Rebekah talking at the kitchen table. Well, more Kol laughing and annoying Rebekah while Rebekah glares back at her brother. I felt a little pang in my chest noticing Klaus was nowhere around.

"Good morning," I smile cheerfully at them and Rebekah gives me a small smile.

"Good morning Caroline," Rebekah replies back before throwing a knife straight at Kol, who quickly catches it.

"Rebekah, dear, it hurts my feelings that you think I'm that easy to hurt," Kol says to Rebekah in a sadden tone, and I roll my eyes as Kol reaches for a piece of food on the table and throws it across the table towards Rebekah. I walk around their discussion towards the fridge, pulling out a nice, fresh blood bag and walking back towards the table.

"How'd you sleep?" Rebekah asks as I pull up a seat next to her.

"Great. If you count worrying that someone is watching me twenty four/seven to report back to my crazy ex," I exclaimed. I grabbed a plate and stacked three pancakes and a few pieces of bacon.

"Okay then, good," Rebekah questions as she looks like she doesn't know how to reply to that.

"Don't worry darling, with my brother annoyingly running through the trees at night patrolling along with his vampires, no one will be around," Kol informs me, sighing at the thought of Klaus' activities. That didn't ease my mind that much since I always felt worried. It was kind of nice that Klaus would do something like that though.

"Did you see me jumping over that log though. I swear I ran faster this time," I hear from the right of me and see Hayley and Elijah coming in, both sweaty and in workout clothes. They continue laughing at something before entering the kitchen.

"Hey Care. Morning," Hayley says, patting me on the shoulder before looking at the table of food like a starved animal.

"Ooh food," Hayley sighs, before grabbing a few pancakes, eggs, toast, and bacon and stuffing her face.

"What? I just ran eight miles. Sue me," Hayley says, giving me a look. I giggle and go back to sipping my blood back and eating while Elijah sits at the end of the table which is coincidentally next to Hayley.

"So how was frolicking through the forest like bambi?" Kol asks. I give Kol a look before Elijah rolls his eyes.

"It was fun, Kol," Hayley responds, smiling and turning towards Eliajh. "I had fun."

Elijah lightly smiles and I swear blushes before looking over to Kol and changing his facial expression fast enough, that only I could catch it.

"Don't you have some frolicking of your own to do, brother," Elijah reminds Kol as Kol immediately pops up from his chair.