Chapter 33: Good...Or Bad News?

Hey Everyone....super sorry for the late post...here's chapter 33

Caroline's POV

I sigh and smile as I head towards the office for the end of the day. All the kids have left and I helped clean up the room with Tracy. She's not super bad to be around. I can tell that she doesn't want to work with any non-witch or non-human creature but she seems like she'll get used to me soon enough.

Most teachers have left for the day and I check my phone to see it's already 4:00 in the afternoon. I head towards the office, and peak my head through the door.

"Goodbye, Shana-oh hi Mr. Rowson. Do you know where Shana is?" I ask, looking around the main office. Mr. Rowson is in the back, printing something.

"Oh, she left for the day. I told her to leave. She's been working overtime since the beginning of the school year and my other secretary, Mr. Argent, isn't here. He's sick with the flu but will be here on Thursday. Is there anything you need her help with?" He asks.

"No, I was just wishing her a good night. Have a good one too," I say, smiling and waving at him.

"Have a good night too Miss. Forbes," Edward waves back.

"Hey, if I'm allowed to call you Edward in private, please call me Caroline," I state back. He gives me a nice smile before nodding and replying "will do". I tuck an invisible loose hair behind my ear before waving goodbye for more time. As soon as I turn around, I internally roll my eyes at my stupid flirting.

I walk home quickly as I feel my hunger come up again.

I should drink more blood in the morning now since I'll have to hold in my hunger for longer.

I check my phone time as I reach home and realize there's still about an hour and a half before Freya will be over. I heat up another blood bag and chug it down, realizing I'll have to do some 'shopping' later. I usually steal big amounts from meat plants while taking a few blood bags here and there from the hospital.

Nik did mention something to me about the vampire blood ordering that they do... Nope, nope, nope, nope. No Nik talking, thinking, or looking.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

As the clock moves closer and closer towards 6:00, I nervously bite my lip and pace around the kitchen until the doorbell rings. I let Freya through and hear her alone walk up the stairs. I open the door as she nears it and she smiles at me.

"Caroline, hi. We've met for a second or so," Freya laughs and reaches out to shake my hands.

"Hi. Yeah, sorry about that. Nice to formally meet you," I giggle back and shake her hand. I invite her in and show her around my apartment. A few minutes later, she sets up some stuff around the kitchen counter and takes out some jars from her purse.

"I'll do just a quick spell to check on you. And then we'll go with some tests if I see something specific. No worries, breathe deeply, and open your mind to me," She says calmly and I nod. I close my eyes and take some deep breaths as she grabs onto my arms.

"Um, where's Elijah if I might ask?" I ask, my eyes still closed.

"He thought that you might just want some girl on girl time," Freya replies and I open my eyes to her looking at me. "I also don't just want to be here to check on you. I figured you might want some girl talk as well. I've heard quite a lot about you."

"Hopefully not all bad, depending on the source," I mutter, looking up to her.

"No, Klaus hasn't said anything bad. My brother isn't the best at expressing himself. Look, Caroline, I spent the majority of my life growing up without my siblings and because of that, I didn't meet them until we were all too far gone. See, I'm not just a normal witch. I'm the immortal witch. The only one. Like my brother Kol, I grew up a witch too, but was later turned into an immortal witch by my aunt, and so I spent half a millennia in captivity before being rescued by my siblings. But they....they were already gone from their young, innocent, human lives and all I saw was anger and hate and evil. But it wasn't their choice," Freya said, looking towards me. "Klaus was tortured all his lifetime and I was never there to stop it. And when I saw him, I regret never knowing what he was like as a human. I heard from my siblings that he was so kind and amazing. But, he never did know how to deal with his anger. The way he was told growing up was to beat into someone else. So, try to keep an open mind for our sake. I know he's hard to deal with, but I believe that you are my best chance at getting my brother back."