Chapter 45: History LikesTo Repeat Itself

Hey Everyone! Here's Chapter 45, enjoy......

Caroline's POV

My body starts coming to its senses and I try hard to open my eyes. The blurriness makes it impossible to see where I am. I try to lift my body but it's weak and tired. Once I do feel the feeling come throughout my body, I slowly lift my arm to my baby, only to find my arms restrained. My anxiety increases and I try my other arm, and legs which are also tied up. I turn my head to the side, looking around the room. The ceilings are dark and dirty, the room surrounded by only walls and no windows, and a small door off to the side.

We must be underground.

I tilt my head to the side and groan in pain as a sharp feeling on the right side of my neck bursts out, and then I smell it.

Blood.

Suddenly flashbacks of my last memories come rushing into my head.

The car crash. Kai. Freya. Keelin.

I try lifting my arms and legs again, my body regenerating bit by bit allowing me the strength. I huff as I lift my head up and squint at my stomach, which is on full display as my shirt has been lifted up. I look around more frantically but see only darkness besides the dim light from the touches surrounding the walls. Tears brim my eyelids as I pray that someone finds me quick.

But where is here?

I jump at the sound from the door as several cloaked people rush in, leaving the door open. My disappointment rises as I see another dark room, but I bite back the tears and sigh in relief as I see a staircase to the side.

Now if I can just get out of these restraints.

"Now, now, Caroline, be good and stay still," A familiar voice spoke throughout the hoods. I turned towards the source and saw the hooded figure step out of the crowd and lower their hood.

"Why am I not surprised?" I mutter, trying to calm my worries.

Breathe, Caroline. Act tough.

I try to calm my breathing as Davina's mother strolls up to me, grinning evilly. I shiver as her fingers rub against my stomach. I try to struggle away from her fingers but that proves hard as she grabs my restraints and pulls them tighter.

"Get away from my child," I shouted out and Davina's mother let out a small laugh. "Nik will find you and rip your heart out."

"Good thing this won't take long. You see, Caroline, I plan to die today. But by the time Klaus Mikaelson walks into this room, your child will already be dead."

"Lay a hand on my child and I'll rip your heart out myself," I grit out, my anger now replacing my fear.

"Oh, Caroline. I won't harm your child," Davina's mother grins, taking out a moonstone from behind her robes.

"You will," She laughs, snapping her fingers and the witches beside her start chanting in unison. Suddenly, I feel a huge pain spread around my body, like it's burning by a fire on steroids. I scream out loudly in pain as the witches continue chanting and Mrs. Claire places the moonstone on my enlarged belly.

Nik, where are you?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Nik's POV

I hang up on Freya, rushing to collect my siblings as the news hit.