Chapter 1: Car Crash

No One's POV

"Care, are we there yet?" Bonnie asks, groggily looking up at Caroline sitting in the driver's seat. Bonnie, Elena, and Davina fell asleep many hours back when the girls passed the Georgia border.

"We'll be there soon," Caroline responded quietly, trying not to wake the others up. She turns to look in the rearview mirror before speeding up when she notices no one was around. It was already pitch black outside with the only light coming from the car's headlights as they drove down highway 10.

"Are we still on highway 85?" Bonnie asks as her eyes try to stay awake.

"Bitch we got off highway 85 like an hour and a half ago. We're not even on highway 65 anymore. We're close to the Louisiana border. I think we'll make it before midnight. What do you think Care?" Hayley asks as she throws her legs over the headboard.

"I think you're right," Caroline replies, staring into the distance trying to not hit anything that might jump out.

"Be careful, Care. It's a full moon today. You never know if there are werewolves around. Ooooooh," Hayley mocks and Caroline rolls her eyes with a smirk forming on her lips.

"Oh shut it. Werewolves aren't real," Caroline quietly shushes Hayley, hoping to change the subject of the supernatural. As far as she knew, her friends didn't know about her "condition" and never mentioning the idea of supernatural creatures would help simmer any weird ideas if her friends ever saw her vamping out.

"As much as this conversation seems like so much fun, I'm going back to bed," Bonnie adds and slowly lays her head back down onto Elena's shoulder and closes her eyes.

"Care, I know you are trying to be safe but it's not like the big bad wolf is in the forest trying to eat you. Sooooooooo, step on the gas," Hayley smirks and Caroline joins in as she moves the car up from 55 mph to 80 mph.

"That's what I'm talking about," Hayley smirks and Caroline laughs lightly.

"So I called my mom. Totally fine with you crashing at our place, hope you don't mind sharing a bed with me though?," Caroline whispers.

"Yeah that's fine. In the orphanage it was two to a bed anyway. Thank you by the way," Hayley replies seriously. Caroline glimpses over to her real quick to give her a slight smile.

"What are friends for?" Caroline smiles as she looks straight ahead.

"Well besides copying the answers for all the tests we had this year, not much," Hayley replies, pressing her lips together trying to hold in the laughter.

"I knew it," Caroline slams her hands on the steering wheel trying to put on a fake upset look before both the girls break into laughter.

"I'm just messing with you. You also are probably the most amazing person I have ever met and I am glad to have met you," Hayley smiled back at Caroline and Caroline beamed at the compliment.

"Wow the girls are really past out behind us," Hayley grinned, looking into the back seat.

"Can you blame them? We woke up at three o'clock this morning so that we could drive the whole twenty hours in one day. They took the first ten hours and knowing that both of us are night-owls, they get to sleep while we drive the last ten," Caroline chuckled as she looked into her rear view mirror. She knew she shouldn't get worried but she just had the slightest feeling that something bad was going to happen.

WARNING: MENTION OF RAPE!!

She had never heard of werewolves. As far as she was concerned, the only supernatural being was vampires and she was secretly praying that there were not any more. Her transition was already more than enough for her to deal with, especially at 17. The incident that changed her life started close to exactly four years ago. The summer before college when she was so happy to get into Barnard along with her other friends. And then he came along and ruined it all. She was just an innocent teenager when this mysterious black haired male came along. He was lean but had muscle and he looked like the everyday bad boy. She had felt so upset over Tyler. She thought he was cute. They walked outside towards the alley way. He compelled her to enjoy everything and he started to drink from her. And then he raped her because he compelled her.