Chapter 36: Morning Sickness

Here's Chapter 36 ....enjoy....

(Quick helper: Care is 1 Month Pregnant Now)

Caroline's POV

My body jolted awake as the bile rose in my throat and I sped towards the bathroom before emptying my guts into the toilet. I cried out as the bile emptied quickly into the toilet, tears welling up in my eyes. I feel another round of bile slowly wash up and I close my eyes anticipating the next few seconds.

"Shhh, it's okay, love. Let it all out," Klaus' sudden voice shook me out of my thoughts as his warm hands wrapped around my body, one rubbing my back, the other holding my hair. I spit out the rest of the vomit still left in my throat before swallowing down the parts still stuck in my throat. My hands instantly travel to my belly and I rub my stomach, looking down at the barely noticed bump.

"Thanks for the alarm, sweetheart," I sarcastically joke as I lean back slowly, surprised as I collide with someone.

"Here, love," Klaus held out a water bottle for me and I hadn't realized he had left to grab water for me. A small tint of blush creeps onto my cheeks as I lay on his chest, our legs laid out and entangled together.

"Thanks," I mutter as I grab the water and drink small sips, the disgusting taste of the vomit still lingering in my throat. I look down to see Klaus' hands inches above my stomach, like he's afraid to touch it.

"The baby won't come out and bite, Klaus," I mock. He sighs before placing his hands under my tank top and onto my stomach. I feel a rush of warmth creep onto my cheeks as his cold hands rubbed against my stomach. I leaned into his touch and closed my eyes, enjoying the moment. My eyes and ears perked as my alarm on my phone blared from next door. I realized the position Klaus and I were in and I instantly stood up which was a bad idea as I wobbled as I stood.

"Woah, hey there. Be careful, Caroline," Klaus' hands instantly wrapped around my arms as he steadied me. I nodded and looked up at him. His whole look screamed nighttime with his black sweats and light grey t-shirt. Even his hair was messy although that was harder to tell since it was cut so short. The sound of my alarm going off again shook me out of my observations and I moved towards my bed groaning.

"Time for work," I mutter as I press stop on the alarm.

"Work?" Klaus asked, confused.

"Yeah, work. You know, what people do on a normal daily basis," I replied sarcastically as Klaus rolled his eyes.

"I know what work is, Love. Just wondering why you're talking about it."

"Because I have to get ready for work," I replied, this time more annoyed as I took out more clothes for the day. "Now, excuse me, I have to shower."

I walked towards the bathroom which was guarded by Klaus who seemed to be unmoving despite my comment.

"Move," I ordered him and he stepped aside. "Now, get out."

"Nothing I haven't seen before," Klaus muttered before leaving the room and vamp-speeding away. I rolled my eyes at his comment before turning on the shower.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Good Morning, Elijah," I cheerfully said as I walked into the dining room. I pulled my hair into a bun as I walked over to my seat which was inconveniently next to Klaus.

"Good Morning, Caroline," Elijah responded in his usual toneless voice as he read the morning newspaper.

"Good Morning everyone," Rebekah stated as she entered. As usual, she was dressed in a designer tank top and long black pants accompanied with heels I could never imagine myself in ; Her whole presence screaming Boss. I looked down at my own black leggings, jean blouse, and flats and felt inferior.