Chapter 8: Another Deal

A little Klaroline....

Caroline's POV

I groan and look around towards the clock.

3:30. How fantastic.

I roll my eyes and moan as I stretch my body.

I must've fallen asleep around 9. That's why I woke up so early.

I snap my ears up as I hear distant footsteps in the hallway. I quickly tip toe towards my door and open it quickly, thanking that it wasn't squeaky. The footsteps grow a little louder and I shoot my head out to see Klaus fuming with Stefan following right behind them as they walk through the corridor. I vamp speed towards the edge of the hallway and I see Klaus shouting at Stefan.

Such a dramatic baby.

"...if he didn't do it. Then he can find ........ did it. ... might be my friend but your brother ...... . I want the vampire. NOW," Klaus booms the last part clearly and I instantly feel bad for Stefan. He doesn't deserve this. As I see Stefan mumble something and vamp speed out of the hallway, Klaus continues storming past rooms until he opens and slams a door shut, which I can only assume is his room. I pace back and forth in the hallway making sure I don't make too much noise.

If I don't talk to him now, I might not have a chance for another few days. But if I do, he might end up killing me. He doesn't look like he's in a talking mood right now.

Pushing up all my confidence, I walk down the long hallway towards Klaus' room. Each step makes me more nervous and scared but I continue walking, pushing my feet just a little further until I am in front of his door. I slowly open the door, expecting to find a fuming hybrid storming towards me, but all I see is a cold empty room.

This place gives me the shivers.

I slowly close the door and look around the room. This place seems so cold and empty. Nothing in it except for drawers, a bed, and paintings around the room with a light on the ceiling. The place itself is modern to the touch and exceptionally neat.

It's almost as neat as my room.

I turn to the far wall to see two doorways, one closed and the other one open all the way. I walk over to the one open and look inside.

"Klaus?," I stupidly ask.

"I'm in no mood for company, love. Leave," I hear from across the room and I roll my eyes. I step inside and breathe in all that surrounds me.

"Woah," I mumble to myself as I see paintings and drawings sprawled over the place. To the right are two massive windows and a fireplace in between it with a leather couch in front of the fireplace. Unlike the room behind me, this room had feeling, warmth, and a sense of security.

"Love, I hope your professors know that you do not understand basic five letter words. I said, leave," he starts off sarcastically and then gets angrier as he commands me to leave.

"I need to talk to you. It's about - oh my god, are you okay?!" I ask, worried, as he turns to me with blood covering his body and dripping down onto the floor. I rush over to him and look around for wounds seeing none.

Duh Caroline. He's a vampire. He can heal fast.

I look up at him, remembering where I am and back away quickly.

"Sorry," I say nervously while he just smirks. He turns back around and walks over to the far right corner of the room and takes out another t-shirt. I feel the heat rise in my cheeks as he quickly removes his grey henley shirt and throws it on the ground. I lower my gaze but not conspicuously raise it back up to look at him. His back, like most of his body, is fit but still skinny, yet has wide shoulders and back muscles. His tattoo caught my eye. It was a wolf running through trees with a full moon above the treeline. I looked closer and gasped. Scars ran deep alongside his back and most were covered throughout the tattoo while the other small ones were less seen.