Chapter 38: The Ball Part Two

Here's Chapter 38...enjoy!....

Caroline's POV

As Rebekah and I streamed into the ballroom, I gasped at our surroundings. We had chosen to go for an elegant atmosphere for a place of royalty, considering Hayley was basically royalty among the supernaturals. The ballroom was filled with white and gold, with a small orchestra playing in the background.

"It turned out so well," I stated in awe as I continued looking around. I caught Rebekah's face which screamed the look Obviously as if she was asking why wouldn't it be?

I lowered my eyes back down to the people scattered about and caught my eye on a few I knew. Stefan, Kai, and some other vampire guards were over near the set-up bar, talking amongst themselves about whatnot. Amy, one of the few who owned daylight rings, was one of the bartenders and currently serving a drink to a witch. My eyes traveled around the room again, hoping to see the people I wanted to see.

As my eyes hit two people near the left of the room, I rushed over making sure not to get noticed.

"'Vina, Bonnie!" I squealed as I hugged them tightly. Their bodies stunned at first quickly turned towards me and hugged me back and I backed away to look at their gowns.

"You both look so gorgeous!" I clasped my hands together, admiring their dresses. Bonnie had on a beautifully muted pink strapless dress covered with shiny tree branches flowing around her dress, gathering tightly up top. Davina also had on a strapless dress, yet this one a deep blue with two layers, covered as well with sequins, but in a more patterned way. Her sheer blue gloves also had the same pattern and fit up right under her shoulders.

"What I wouldn't do to get out of this dress," Davina moaned, after looking around. I shot her a confused look. "This was not my choice. I wanted a nicer, more enticing dress, if you catch my drift." Her eyes followed behind me and I looked back to see Kol talking to Elijah in the corner, both obviously mildly enjoying themselves. I turned back to Davina who gave me a wink. What I would do to be back in New York, she mouthed to me.

"At least you got to see your boyfriend," Bonnie muttered, taking a small sip of her drink. Her parents were strict helicopter parents, both here tonight probably, which is why she had chosen a non-alcoholic drink.

"Are you not getting together while you're here?" I ask, curious. I scanned my eyes around, finding Enzo now with Kai at the bar, looking as dashing as ever in his black fitted tuxedo. I turned to see Bonnie staring at him before sighing.

"Yeah tonight. Ugh, why can't my parents just leave me alone? Most of my coven doesn't like vampires, but I do know many that hang with the wolves. There should be no difference," Bonnie sighs again, this time in a more exhausting tone.

"We'll get there one day," Davina muttered, lost in her thoughts as she looked over to Kol.

"Why is our lives so complicated?" I sighed too and Bonnie and Davina nodded, still looking over at their boyfriends.

I grabbed a drink from one of the waiters making their round. I switched glasses with Bonnie who gave me a thankful look. I lifted it towards them and they joined. "Here's to dealing with life's many problems." Our glasses clinked before we chugged down our drink in one gulp.

I felt my skin prickle, and I felt uneasy as if someone was watching me. I turned around to see Bonnie's parents walking over towards me.

"Caroline, how long has it been! You look wonderful, my dear," Bonnie's mother dryly said, taking in my appearance, eyeing longer on my stomach. I gave them a small smile, biting back my worriedness. Her father stands tall and still, his suit dark and intimidating. I know he's not much of a talker, his wife the usual one to take command, but his presence is still overwhelming sometimes. As a human, I was definitely intimidated by him but now the feeling has lessened.