Chapter 6: Finally Awake

Here's Chapter 6 ! Bit of Haylijah here for all the fans! 

(Nine Hours Earlier)

Hayley's POV

"CARE," I scream out and jolt my body awake. I lay up panting and groaning due to the feeling of pain spreading throughout my body.

"Be careful," I hear from beside me. I turn to my left to see the most handsome man I have ever seen in my life with his perfect tailored suit and posture. As soon as my eyes met his, I think I stopped breathing. After a few seconds of staring, I finally snapped out of it.

"Where am I? Where are my friends? And who the hell are you?" I ask, pulling the strands of hair in front of my face behind me. Suddenly, I felt very insecure. I smelled like I hadn't taken a shower in a week and my body felt like I got hit by a bus.

"Where are my manners," The man rhetorically asks himself, standing up from the bed he was sitting on and extending his right arm, "My name is Elijah Mikaelson. It is a pleasure to meet you Ms. Hayley Marshall. Your friends are safe. Miss Claire and Miss Bennett made their way home last week when they recovered. Your other friends are still here. My sister and I rescued that night and brought you to my family's mansion," I give him a questioning look and his eyesight moves towards my wallet.

Elijah. I like his name. It suits him.

"Nice to meet you too. Please take me to my friends," I stand up rather quickly, regretting my choice as I almost tumble in front of me, my legs rather uncomfortable to the feeling of supporting my feet. I close my eyes and expect the hit to the floor but two arms catch me instead and my head lands on a hard chest.

"Are you okay? Careful," Elijah says, his voice laced with worriedness as he sits me back down on the bed.

"That is quite a nice necklace you have there. Where did you get it?" Elijah asks, pointing to the necklace and my mood dampens.

"It's the only thing I have from my parents," I say, looking down to my necklace.

It's the only trace I have of them.

"It's not the only thing," Elijah mutters and I shoot my gaze up to his.

"What do you mean?" I ask, shooting up from the bed and standing in front of him. His eyes narrow and he looks out towards the window as if he's in deep reflection.

"It might seem hard to believe but I knew your parents well," He says, looking down and my throat constricts.

"What do you mean? How would you know?" I ask, trying not to sound too hopeful. I've been searching for any sign of my parents for two years now and I've spent sleepless nights thinking of why they would abandon me.

"I recognize that necklace. Your real name is Hayley Labonair. Your parents were John and Layla Labonair. I have so much to tell you if you would let me. Please, sit down," He tells me, tears already in my eyelids. I sit down and he sits down next to me. I look back up into his gaze and feel myself already getting lost in his deep brown eyes.

"I need to ask you something. And I need you to be one hundred percent honest with me. No matter what. Because I have to know the answer. Can you do that for me? I know it may seem unfair but I need to know," Elijah asks me and I feel nervous about the answer.

"Why? Will the answer to your question help me with my parents?" I ask.

"Yes," He replies quickly. I take in a deep breath and nod.

"Have you ever killed anyone?" He asks and I feel my heart constricting.

"What?! Why would you ask me that? No!" I shout and get off the bed. I hit into a hard chest all of a sudden and see Elijah standing in front of me.