Chapter 12: The Full Moon Rises

A little bit of Klaroline for my Klaroline fans! Enjoy.....

Caroline's POV

"I know it's not much, but it's the top view of the city," I smile, trying to lighten the situation.

"It will do Caroline, thank you," Elena smiles at me before dropping her two bags on the floor.

"Where's your bodyguard?" I ask.

"He knew you wouldn't want to see him," She replies and I give her a questioning look.

"He..told me what happened. When two people are around each other 24/7, you can't always talk about the news or the weather. ... Care I'm so sorry. I feel awful that you didn't feel comfortable sharing with me about what happened. Have you...talked to anyone about it? Maybe a therapist?" She asks, concerned and I give her a small smile.

"No I haven't. And it wasn't that I didn't feel comfortable talking about it with you. I wasn't ashamed or embarrassed. I was very drunk that night and everything happened so fast. I've spent a long time crying and angry about everything. I just needed to pass this on my own," I replied.

"You are not alone Care. We're here for you. You can always come to us. I thought the point of our girl group was to look out for each other in those city streets," Elena giggles and I join in as we jump onto the bed.

"I know. I did tell Hayley. ... I was really drunk and sad one night and kind of spilled everything to her. Not the vampire part but of everything else. Has Damon .... told you anything else?" I ask Elena.

"You mean when you guys had the talk in the basement? No. I don't want to know and I have a feeling it should stick between the two of you. I mean the guy already had guilt running out of him so whatever you said must have given both of you some ... resolution," Elena says and I give a small shrug and lower my gaze at the sheets.

"Hopefully," I reply back and turn to look up at Elena. Her face switches from a small smile to one of scaredness as she immediately backs away into the wall.

"What? What is it?" I say, turning my gaze to where she was staring. The window was open with her shades to the side and I looked over into the line of forest.

"I know this is going to sound crazy, but I swear I saw some people near the forest line. One at the bottom of the trees and one in the leaves. I swear I saw something move" Elena says, scaredness lacing her voice as she clutches onto my shirt. I slowly pull her hand away and walk over to the balcony and feel the wind blowing my hair around. I pull my gaze into the forest line and scan my eyes over the trees. I focus my hearing on the darkened trees but the wind makes it a little hard but my eyes shoot open when I hear the faint beats of a heart, getting fainter and fainter by the second.

"Elena, move! Now!" I shout at her as I pull her away from the window and against the far wall.

"Stay right here" I shout at her and she nods before I run out the door. I vamp run down the stairs out and out of the mansion passing people, and what I hope was not Klaus. As I pass through the front door, I look up towards the mansion towards where Elena's room is.

She's in the back of the house.

I feel feet following mine as I run towards the back of the mansion and towards the tree line.

"Love, what's wrong?" Klaus asks as I stop a few feet into the forest. His gaze leaves mine and follows into the forest before he sniffs the air deeply.

"Elena and I were in her room. She swore she saw someone out here and I heard faint heartbeats. They were just here, watching," I say, worriedness and anger mixing into my veins.