Just some fluff (gender neutral)

(hello! I'm back! Not really gonna be updating anymore, but I will post new chapters every now and then..)

Cup was sitting in front of the chimney, watching the fire. He gazed at it closely as it crackled and flung it's sparks up in the air. He blinked and realized how long he's been sitting there. "Shit." He sat up and inspected the room. He was alone.
Cup stretched out his arms and sighed. He rubbed his eyes, attempting to sooth the minimal sting from looking too long into the fire.
He jogged up the stairs as quietly as he could and entered y/n's room. He looked at them, all huddled up in bed, snoozing.
He smiled faintly and tip-toed over to the edge of the bed and sat down. He leaned in to kiss their forehead, but they suddenly opened their eyes and sat up.
"Hey babe.." they said with a yawn. "You okay?" They asked, trying to fix the large shirt they had on. Cup looked at it and then in the opposite direction. That was his shirt they were wearing. His favorite one. He gave it to them one day when they got ketchup splattered over their tank top.
Y/n places their hand on Cup's shoulder and smiled.
"You shy?~" they asked. "No. I just didn't want you to wake up.."
Y/n snickered and gently rubbed his cheek. "Wanna sleep with me tonight?"
Cup nodded slightly, shrugging a bit. He curled up into a ball at the edge of the bed and pulled the blanket over himself. "You don't want a hug?" Y/n asked.
He looked over at them and then back down at his hands. "Nah I'm ok..." He said. Y/n shrugged and turned around. In within minutes, the room was filled with the gentle sound of y/n's breathing and slight snoring. Cup was wide awake, just eyeing the ceiling and sometimes the wall. He just didn't feel sleepy. He just laid there doing absolutely nothing and sighed.
"Babe.." he susurrated. No answer. He whispered again, and again, but no answer.
He finally had enough and flipped over to shake them awake. Once they finally opened their eyes, Cups was already clinging to them, desperately trying to keep warm.
"Heh" they said and rubbed his back. "You're weird, you know?"
Then there was silence.

Not a sound. Nothing but the occasional sound of shifting fabric and the mattress springs compressing as Cups tried to adjust and get comfortable.

Then he broke that silence.
"I love you, babe" he said unexpectedly. Y/n opened their eyes widely. "What?"
"I said I love you." He repeated, placing his head against their heart. He listened attentively to the rhythm of the pulse and twiddled with their hair in his hand.
"I love you too, Cuppy." Y/n said finally. One loud exhale resonated in the room. And then both went to sleep.

The next morning want pretty uneventful. Cups hot out of bed quickly to try and not wake y/n up. He made coffee and pit in the news.
A reporter babbled about the ink illness spreading across nations and the numbers of people perishing due to it. He sighed and poured the coffee into two identical porcelain china cups.

He sat down at the coffee table and spun the small spoon to mix his sugar in. He waited patiently for y/n to come out and watched the sky. The window was dirty, but that didn't mean the view wasn't still nice. The clouds formed a nice gradient from poppy to indigo. There were even small specs of lavender from the direction in which the sun hit these clouds.

Y/n finally stepped out of the room and yawned semi loudly. "What's for breakfast?" They asked. "Just coffee today, babe. I'll take you out to eat later." He replied. "Damnit." Y/n muttered under their breath. "Eh whatever. Coffee is still nice."
They say down and took a sip. Cups stared at them, a sort of gleam in his eyes as he watched y/n kick up the coffee from their lips. "You okay, babe?" They asked once they caught him staring.

"E-eh! Yeah I'm fine." He replied.

"But hey ummm...I was wondering if you maybe wanted to go with me to the store today... it's totally fine if you don't, bit it would be nice to have some company...or whatever.." he cracked out, trying to seems like he had it all under control.

Y/n shrugged. "Sure why not" and smiled.