Chapter 19

Nanlalamig ang buong katawan ko. He has seen it. It tells all sorts of unimaginable things. For me and AJ walang ibig sabihin yon, but we can't control the way people think. This is hot gossip, of course, everyone won't want to miss a thing and would probably scrutinize every detail, and worst is create a story based on lies. I can't even have the energy to learn who took the picture. All I have in mind is, how Raymond perceives this. 

"Naka-uwi na ba si Ray?" tanong ko kay Jasmine.

"Andito siya kanina pero narinig kong umandar yung motor niya. Tawagan mo na lang, baka mapano yun." She said, so I did.

I tried to dial his number multiple times but all I can hear is a bullshit annoying tone that he is unavailable but I did not stop. I want to explain my side before everything escalates. I have hope that he would understand me. He will. Will he?

Pabalik-balik ako sa pwesto ko, nag simula na ding mamawis ang mga kamay ko sa stress at kaba. Then I remembered calling AJ; I dialed his number to ask him how he is doing. I can't reach him either.

With the last extra savings that I have, I took a ride going to AJ's place. Something in my mind tells me that Ray is there doing the worst things an angry boyfriend would do. When I arrived, Uncle Mac is outside with his phone.

"Uncle!" I called him.

"Ali! Buti naman an--" he was cut off by the sound of the glass that shattered. We both ran inside and saw Ray's head bleeding while AJ has minor cuts.

"Who are you here for?" Ray asked me before I even step to look for his wound.

"I'm here for you, ano bang klaseng tanong yan?"

"He's a crazy jealous asshole who clearly does not know anything about you, Ali." Aj frustratedly said while he shakes his head.

"Bae, what am I to you?" and he started to cry.

By his question I can feel that he does already know. I looked at AJ while he was wiping the blood in his face.

"I told him already to save myself, and my uncle's antiques! Look at all these chinawares!" He shouted while pointing at the plates which were Uncle Mac's collection.

"it's okay, Ali. I'm not mad about the chinas. Ano bang nangyayari sa inyo?"

"It's all my fault po. Lilinisin ko na lang po ung mga nabasag. I'll find ways to repay them, Uncle."

I stood up from the floor to get the broom and the dustpan in their storage while I try to stop my tears. By the time that I returned in the living room where everything happened, Ray has left leaving only the specks of his blood on the floor.

"Hindi mo man lang pinigilang umalis yung tao!" I yelled at AJ and he was taken aback. I cried. Hindi ko din alam kung anong gagawin ko. AJ was so kind to me and still is even when he knows that their friendship could be ruined. He hates it when his "pretty" face as he calls it, was scratched but he is still here at my side even after I yelled at him.

"Hindi ko na kaya AJ." I cried more.

He pats my back while I was crying and did not say a word. After a while, he helped me to stand up and make me sit on the couch while Uncle Mac sweeps the floor. Nagpalipas pa ako ng ilang sandali at inantay na sunduin ako ni Jasmine.

The next day, I received another note from the accounting office reminding me of the unsettled balance. It was my second warning from them to pay my balance. I kept the letter and moved forward to my routine as the team's PA. Nag linis ako ng stockroom para ma-divert ang isip ko sa ibang bagay kahit na hindi ko naman na to trabaho. Pagkatapos kong mag linis, dumiretso na ako sa court kung saan nag sisimula na silang mag warm-up. Hinanap kaagad ng mata ko si Raymond pero wala siya. AJ was still on the bench twisting his wrist so I approached him to ask if he needs anything.