Always

Continuation

The timer sang a harsh tune and Jungwon rose to take out the pie, shaking his head he walked near the oven and took out our long-awaited pie.

The pie this time was flawless,  not a hint of anything burnt unsettling the pie. The cat smiled "See?" He sang and I forced out a smile.

Next Day
11:00 am

I had no appetite today, which was strange because I was a foodie. My heart felt like there was a hole in it, my stomach empty and so was I. Numb was all I felt before I forcefully dragged myself in the washroom to prepare for the day.

I turned on the shower, warm water sprinkling on me and making my hair wet. Closing my eyes I let the tears that have been meaning to come slip out. Mixed with the warm water. I somehow liked the feeling of having the warm water on my face.

Acting tough was never easy, it wasn't easy for me and I'm sure it wasn't easy for anyone, but I had no choice but to believe that I had to keep being strong, people had to see the tough me so that they can't belittle me. That was the mindset I grew up with. So crying infront of others were forbidden for me.

That's why I always cried in the shower, when Kwan Joo bullied me, I cried in the shower. When Grandma left me, when my mother yelled at me, when life threw shits at me. I would hold it back in front of them but I always cried in the shower.

It was nothing special, just listening to the water splattering on the floor and some whimpers and sobs escaping me. I was pretty sure why I was tearing up today.

That was all because of Jungwon. The cat, I turned my hands to fists, scolding myself for getting close to him, giving him gifts, carrying him, taking care of him and remembering him for every little thing.

However I didn't regret those moments, I would never and I hated myself for it. He was meant to be with Ji young.

Let's get this over with, I thought as I quickly cleaned myself and slipped into fresh Over-sized hoodie and some loose sweat pants. The TV was not interesting at all and I tried hard not to look at the chair where Jungwon sat earlier.  Forcing myself to throw the incident out of my head, I checked my phone, a new message popping out on my screen.

Jake:Y/n are you there?

Tapping the contact, I replied back.

Y/n: Yes?

Jake: Since it's Saturday today......Wanna hang out?

Y/n: Sure, I was dying of boredom here 😭

Jake:Great!! Meet you at the school garden

Y/n: School garden? What if anyone see's us?

Jake: They won't!  Hey! It's Saturday

Y/n:Okay sure

Smiling to myself, I put on my sneakers and headed to the school. My clever brain knew that if someone saw me heading to the school, Looking like some theif, Err Like Ni-ki. I would be dead meat. I grinned remembering the day I hit him but quickly shook my head.

Why was my mind going back to Ni-Ki these days?

I used my ninja skills and snooped around, after a few decades I finally managed to reach the garden and there he was. Looking neat and decent, the casual clothes he wore were much better than the scholl uniform. Well, he looked great in both.

"Jake" I forced out a smile and went near him. "Let's go" He smiled a genuine one before reaching for my hands. Then he hesitated and grabbed my wrist. "I'm not sure if you would like it; but I really wanted to go there with you" He smiled dragging me off the school gate.